Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albiejunkie

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just closed the deal on new to me 2008 2520 XL. Real excited to get her in the water and start fishing. Got a 250 Yammy with a 9.9 kicker, and a free standing second station. Galley unit too.
Plan on putting a davit and hauler in. Any photos of current installations would be great to look at.
Living in RI so gotta wait til March to launch so I have some time to choose a good setup.
I lobster recreationally and fish commercially. This boat will be perfect for that plus taking my wife away for a weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20181214_110127.jpeg
    20181214_110127.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 271
If you have never had Dungeness crab, you’re missing out! The deadliest catch guys fish for king crab and opelio. Most people prefer Dungeness crab over king crab, just because it has a really rich flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albiejunkie":39mnadsq said:
Do you have a davit on your boat?

not on my Parker. I have a 24’ Bayliner Trophy that has a safe-T-puller for pulling shrimp pots. I have a Brutus puller that mounts on the Scotty downrigger mount that I use on the Parker. The Scotty pullers pretty good also and they are really quiet. I have avoided drilling holes in the Parker floor to mount the Davit.

I'd really like to put an electradyne and davit on it. Electradyne is 45 miles from my house.
Do you think the Brutus or Safe-T could withstand pulling 20-30 4' traps a day? I may consider these if so.

albiejunkie":259sxjys said:
I'd really like to put an electradyne and davit on it. Electradyne is 45 miles from my house.
Do you think the Brutus or Safe-T could withstand pulling 20-30 4' traps a day? I may consider these if so.
67e05e318bb1273b02bb8f5885a523e4.jpg
maybe try this! The safe-t-pull would pull them all day long, it’s just up to your battery. I pull 4 shrimp pots that are 600’ deep about 3 times a day. I think the elactradyne are pretty similar.

That looks like an electradyne. Less expensive tho. Anyone running one of these?

Three year lurker and decided to join after buying 2002 Parker 2320 with 200 Yamaha HPDI three years ago. So far, best boating decision I have made. No serious surprises thus far and I converted trailer to disc brakes. I need to further gauge my family's interest this coming season before making major upgrades to electronics and outboard.

Back