Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauberrybiscuit

Reaction score
Hey everyone! New member here and new owner of a 2016 21' SE with a Yamaha 150 4s. Planning to rig her with a trolling motor (leaning towards MK 72' 36v but slightly worried about overhang when stowed) and power-pole eventually. Also looking at moving batteries to the console when I do the TM install. Has anyone done this? My boat has a removable T-top and I'm thinking of having a grab-bar fabricated to be able to duck hunt and flats fish without the T-top getting in the way. Any advise on any and all of my projects greatly appreciated! Very excited to be a member/owner here!IMG_3254.JPG

Hey everyone! New member here and new owner of a 2016 21' SE with a Yamaha 150 4s. Planning to rig her with a trolling motor (leaning towards MK 72' 36v but slightly worried about overhang when stowed) and power-pole eventually. Also looking at moving batteries to the console when I do the TM install. Has anyone done this? My boat has a removable T-top and I'm thinking of having a grab-bar fabricated to be able to duck hunt and flats fish without the T-top getting in the way. Any advise on any and all of my projects greatly appreciated! Very excited to be a member/owner here!View attachment 37842
Welcome to ClassicParker; great looking rig you got there!

Hey everyone! New member here and new owner of a 2016 21' SE with a Yamaha 150 4s. Planning to rig her with a trolling motor (leaning towards MK 72' 36v but slightly worried about overhang when stowed) and power-pole eventually. Also looking at moving batteries to the console when I do the TM install. Has anyone done this? My boat has a removable T-top and I'm thinking of having a grab-bar fabricated to be able to duck hunt and flats fish without the T-top getting in the way. Any advise on any and all of my projects greatly appreciated! Very excited to be a member/owner here!View attachment 37842
20210309_095325.jpg
A shuttleslide will eliminate TM overhang. Used a 12 inch YHD with a reach extension on a 21 DV to achieve no overhang when stowed. Look at their website to get a basic education and then call them for advice. They will set you up with exactly what you need. Also added a custom mini folding T Top....leaves a lot.of room for fly casting. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 20230210_123309.jpg
    20230210_123309.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210309_134116.jpg
    20210309_134116.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
View attachment 37851
A shuttleslide will eliminate TM overhang. Used a 12 inch YHD with a reach extension on a 21 DV to achieve no overhang when stowed. Look at their website to get a basic education and then call them for advice. They will set you up with exactly what you need. Also added a custom mini folding T Top....leaves a lot.of room for fly casting. Hope this helps!
Thats a nice setup. I've been looking at the shuttleslide as well, but I'm thinking I'll try to mount mine between the bow light and the cleat, I like the TM being as close to dead center on the bow as possible while also being close to the anchor locker, where I plan to locate the TM plug. I don't really wanna relocate the cleat or nav lights, but if I had to choose I think I'll delete the light and ad a pair of lights just above the rub rail on either side.

Whats the shaft length on that TM? I'm thinking I'll need the 72" as I plan to fish some offshore and in moderate chop/swell

72...wish it was another 8 inches at times. But the DV is a much deeper hull than the SE so the 72 inch should be fine. The shuttle slide, when extended, places the TM darn close to the centerline (performance of the TM is super), yet adds the benefit of using the cleat, anchor locker and clear view of the nav lights when retracted. Anchor locker is usable deployed or retracted. Other than the extra dollars there is all pros and no cons using the shuttle slide.

Back