New motor (re-power) ... and new crew!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Well, first the motor news ... my Pahka (that's 'Parker' in Boston speak) has been re-powered with a new Suzuki DF250hp OB. Toot schweeet if you ask me!

And introducing the new crew. You see, there was a sudden and tragic death in my fiance's family, leaving two girls (1 just turned 13 going on 19, and the other to be 8 in 2-weeks) without any parents.

Sooooooooooo ... we're taking them in! They hail from TN, where they had moved to due to the lower cost of living. Every Summer the oldest has come here for the Summer, and Carol would always take her for a week or 2, so I know her well enough that when we heard the news, it was a no brainer. These young girls are bright, fun, and smart ... and they deserve a chance in this life, so we've petitioned the TN Child Services court for guardianship and then we plan to adopt them.

Oh, and if any one out there has 2 girls of similar ages ... I need vacation ideas beyond Disneyland! The oldest wants me to teach her how to fish, run the boat, and to shoot accurately ... so this should be fun :D !

Wish me luck!

Attachments

• Installed-LG [800x600].JPG
    Installed-LG [800x600].JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 532
  • Crew.JPG
    Crew.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 532
New family, and a new outboard......life is good

WAJSKI":1zm9nvdz said:
Dale that is a very honorable thing you are doing for those girls, God Bless you,your fiance and the girls :D

Ditto !!!

And man there a real good looking crew too !
I think everyone is making out on this deal
Happy for all!!! God bless !!!

Love the Pic :D

Dale,
We've never met, but I have all the respect in the world for what you are doing. As far as your question, I have 3 kids from ages 11, 8 and 4 - aside from everthing that has to do with dad's new boat, Disney Cruises, Atlantis in the Bahamas, camping, time at the beach. Good luck. Jason

DaleH":3czkae2s said:
and to shoot accurately ... so this should be fun :D !

Wish me luck!

Congrats on the motor and family. I always wondered if it would would be legal to mount a skeet launch on the cabin roof. Could be fun on a calm day.

Might I suggest attending the CP Annapolis area rendezvous in august? Kevin is promising us a sunny day this year!

parkerjon":3rlu4z06 said:
DaleH":3rlu4z06 said:
and to shoot accurately ... so this should be fun :D !

Wish me luck!

Congrats on the motor and family. I always wondered if it would would be legal to mount a skeet launch on the cabin roof. Could be fun on a calm day.

Now there is an idea...! You're own wobble-trap setup!

Congratulations on the motor and on the family.
Now go teach them how to catch a tuna. :)

Parkerman":3rqx1hv1 said:
Might I suggest attending the CP Annapolis area rendezvous in august? Kevin is promising us a sunny day this year!

Man... I hope!
I think we're due for a nice one.

Dale,

Awesome on both accounts! So sorry that a tragedy was involved, but good for you!

So...adventures for girls, huh? No matter what the gender, a nice day on Stelwagen is always a lot of fun. Sort of like The Discovery Channel, but live. Your idea about shooting is great Danvers F&G should do the trick.

My daughter is 18 now (wow, when did THAT happen?) and loves going to the beach, especially by boat. However, girls are just different. A day at the outlets in NH are as fun to them as a day on the water is to us. Just get used to it...

While I didn't add to my family, I did also get a new Suzuki DF250 to Class up the rear of the old sled. Launching Friday. Can't wait!!

Attachments

• New Suzy 250 (Small).JPG
    New Suzy 250 (Small).JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 410
It is a beautiful thing you have done! You brought a smile to my day... Just get ready, one day soon they will be asking you for a Parker of their own!

Back