NEW -N.C. Wildlife 18 Ft Parker w/200 Yamaha

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In addition to the 21 ft Parker at auction by NC Surplus they also listed a 2005 18 ft Parker with a 200 hp 4 stroke Yamaha and a 2005 Long trailer ending date of 3-20-2023. Description stated boat had wiring issues and transom crack , motor did not have a key . Present bid is 3050 with 9 days left. Photos do not show transom issue , nothing that couldn't be fixed. Might be worth looking into ,especially that newer 4 stroke Yamaha.

Just talked to the Wildlife Officer that used this boat for the last 7 years and he said that it was in excellent condition ; no soft spots and the motor ran well when it was last used in Aug 2022.you can reach him at 828-676-8399. He also said that the previous buyer defaulted on the boat last month.

Could be a great deal. Or it could need a repower. Engine hours unknown.....

As I commented earlier I talked with the Wildlife officer that was on this boat for the last seven years and he said that it was in great shape -boat and motor. Usually if they know of a problem they put it in the description but sometimes they may not know but getting a lower price helps if a problem pops up. And these NC Wildlife boats are rated as commercial not requiring a specification label as Parker builds them to NC specs to allow them to use much larger outboards than the same boat sold at dealers.

The 18 ft Parker that was described earlier in this post is now back on their website .It was taken off because they had the boat and motor's dates reversed , but now it has been corrected . Boat and trailer are both 2005 ,motor is a 2016 Yamaha 200 4 stroke. Bidding and expiration date have been updated .

I’m just curious as to how that 1801 sits in the water with a four stroke 200 yamaha on the back of it. maybe they added some foam in the rear to help compensate for the extra weight? what do you guys think? anyone on here have a 1801 with a 200?

You would need to change the hull shape in order to change the floating displacement. More foam would only offset any water that got inside the hull.

I’m not sure about the 1801 but it wouldn’t be an issue on my 1800 but for the standard transom build.

The previous bidder on the 21' Parker may have defaulted because there IS an engine problem. Someone above said he spoke to the resource officer prior to the auction closing and was told the boat and motor were in great shape. That isn't exactly corrent. The motor has an unknown issue causing it to bog down when accelerating both at start and underway. It is at times intermittent as well. So there is a bit of an unknown with that engine.

On the 21 footer, it's also a 200 hp motor, not 300 as advertised. Can tell from zooming in on pics.

The 21' boat is gone. The auction ended Thursday and it was a 300hp Mercury. It had issues though and was bogging down when accelerating from dead still and while under way.

Actually, although it doesn't matter since the bid is over, it was a 300 Yamaha HPDI (2 stroke) motor on the 21'. The boat had to absolutely fly when the motor was working.

As for the 18' I believe the 200 hp is their (yamaha's) 4 cyl 200 which is actually a fairly light motor for 200hp and only about 140lbs heavier than the 115

madgar you are correcton the 21 that was in morganton. I viewed the boat ,300 yam hpdi.deep v version . The motor info I got was same as yours however the biggest problem for me was whoever removed the wildlife stickers looked like they used a grinder or coarse grit sander and removed the gel coat down to the mat

madgar you are correcton the 21 that was in morganton. I viewed the boat ,300 yam hpdi.deep v version . The motor info I got was same as yours however the biggest problem for me was whoever removed the wildlife stickers looked like they used a grinder or coarse grit sander and removed the gel coat down to the mat
It's pathetic and embarrassing that NC allowed some *&#X@! to do that to that boat. There are many non-damaging ways to remove decals and stickers.

I can confirm what Mthomas saw. I went to view the boat too and based on how they removed the decals you'd have to fair the sides and paint the boat. The officer also said it was bogging down as two others have stated. They didn't send it for maintenance due to knowing it would be sold at auction. Understand some people have had luck, but best to go see the item the state is selling. Probably why they didn't post any pictures of the sides. I have a few pics if anyone is interested.

Adverse760 For the question on the 1801, I have an 05 with a 200 Merc 2 stroke ex-wildlife boat it's sits normal, based on weight pretty similar to the 16 Yamaha 200 4 stroke. I'll try to find a few pictures or it sitting in the water. The scuppers sit above the water line by an inch or two. Happy to answer any questions.

Back