New Parker Owner - San Diego

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenTerrible

Reaction score
Just purchased this 2520 from the east coast, waiting on a trailer...then a long journey to San Diego! Spent a lot of time looking for THE boat for me, and found it hiding.

2000 Parker 2520 DVSC
Twin Yamaha 200's

Clean slate boat, ready for me to outfit to my liking. First up is a 100 gallon blue water bait systems bait tank, coaming rail, west coast bow rail, and of course a tuna tower!

-BT

Attachments

• PARKER-3.JPG
    PARKER-3.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 547
Tractor trailer I hope. These are very wide oversize loads on most state highways and I am going through that now here in MA. They are awesome in the water and you will love it.

Best of luck.

She made the journey...
b07daed5242f16690822cf323ad53bfd.jpg

I'm curious, why would you go to the expense of replacing a perfectly good (though shorter) bowrail with a west coast style? My east coast rail keeps people safely onboard no problem??

2 reasons

1. It is not a perfectly good bow rail. The previous owner failed to mention that it has a big dent in it on the port side, which shifted the entire rail slightly and drives me crazy.

2. The taller rail makes for fishing the bow much easier/safer over here on the west side.

Sweet boat. Just in time for the El Nini bite of YFT, wahoo and BFT showing up in SoCal. Good luck with her.

Do you plan on adding rod holders? that's one thing I find in short supply on Parkers.

Sweet boat! Did you do the bait tank install? If not, where did you have it done and how much. Was thinking of adding a 90 gall bait tank on my Parker as well. Was worried that it may be too heavy for my boat . I only have a Yama 250hp.

West Coast Marine did the install. Call them and ask for Kevin, tell him Ben sent you.

Yours 250 will push a 90 gal just fine.

Back