New Permatrim - what are these holes do?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman1001

Reaction score
Bought myself an Xmas gift that just arrived. Unit looks to be very quality! Heavy gauge and really nice paint job!

there are two holes as shown on the backside of the unit. (See pics). The directions don’t say what these are for.
Anyone? I’m just curious.

CE001D49-5406-4F5F-948C-5085CF6F609C.jpeg

9B00FDAE-5A76-40C8-84A7-A06D6EACC29E.jpeg

Bought myself an Xmas gift that just arrived. Unit looks to be very quality! Heavy gauge and really nice paint job!

there are two holes as shown on the backside of the unit. (See pics). The directions don’t say what these are for.
Anyone? I’m just curious.

View attachment 31840

View attachment 31841
Gman,
I thought the exact same thing when I purchased my Permatrim! They look like tooling holes from a holding fixture when it was being fabricated. I don't believe that they add any aerodynamic properties to the Permatrim. However, it did help in lowering the bow on my 2120.

I'm getting a 2120SC new build with a 2022 yammy and I worry about installing a Permatrim on it. I can't help but wonder if drilling holes in the cavitation plate will void the outboard warranty. Does anyone have any information on this?

I'm getting a 2120SC new build with a 2022 yammy and I worry about installing a Permatrim on it. I can't help but wonder if drilling holes in the cavitation plate will void the outboard warranty. Does anyone have any information on this?
Fair concern you have. I’d wait to see how the boat performs before you buy one though. Maybe Parker solved for the heavy saggy stern. My 1998 2300, which I bought site unseen, suffers from a stern that really drags when getting up on plane - which as I’ve learned on this forum is a common ailment.

From the research and reading on multiple web-sites I have visited, they all say it will not void the warranty. Talk to your dealer and ask them. IMO, I do not see how it would void the warranty, since you will not be changing any of the mechanical aspects of your engine.

Fair concern you have. I’d wait to see how the boat performs before you buy one though. Maybe Parker solved for the heavy saggy stern. My 1998 2300, which I bought site unseen, suffers from a stern that really drags when getting up on plane - which as I’ve learned on this forum is a common ailment.
That's exactly what I did. I ran the boat for a while, then made the call. It ran very high and with the addition of a 4 blade prop and permatrim, it absolutely helped lowering the bow and I get on plane much quicker.

Back