new purchase

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am attempting to include pictures of this boat. so far no luck. I purchased this boat a 20 year old Parker 2520 registered in New Jersey named BONES. 300hp Suzuki outboard. I would greatly appreciate any known history and I will keep trying to load pics of the refurbish. Have a great New Year.

Brent, I have installed tapatalk on a ipad but I just cant seem to get back to the "all parker boats" forum.... help please

Let’s see if this works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_0644.jpg
    IMG_0644.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 477
I want to replace the deck drains at the transom on my 2000 2520. I have removed the exterior flange and the rubber flapper. What is next? Do I press what looks like a plastic sleeve out of the transom??? I have purchased stainless steel replacements. Thanks for the help.

In addition I have a 300hp Suzi single with a deck built for a single. I want to install a kicker. I can build a mount to attache to the deck but I am concerned and considering additional bracing from the mount back to the transom. Any thoughts and or suggestiions

Take a few pictures of where you want to mount the bracket for the kicker? I would recommend a fixed mount bracket vs the swivel style myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ee9ca31c4388d6f522b950ad8282381e.jpg
825c48cdba3bdaef4dfa7163dd02abeb.jpg
4f808221708e37efee8e48141bd91e27.jpg
Heres the fixed mount bracket I installed on my bracket. They are spendy, and I believe they had a 4” height for a long shaft or a 6” for extra long shaft. I bought the 4” one accidentally after measuring my height to the bottom of the hull and it works but had to mount the kicker up a few inches on the bracket so it wouldn’t drag in the water or sit in the water. You will probably want the taller one if you’re buying a 25 hp kicker. I use my 8hp kicker all day long and it pushes the boat around 5 miles per hour. One of my 150’s will only push the boat around 11 mph so a 25 hp kicker may be unnecessary and added weight, but any kicker is better than no kicker on the west coast IMO. I picked up another bracket locally for about half the price that I paid for the one I bought, so if you are having a hard time finding one or getting something fabricated, let me know. I am in Washington. As for adding reinforcing on the bracket I don’t think it’s necessary at all but again I don’t know what bracket you have and the weight of motor.

Yes, the kicker bracket shown in the picture is a PDR (Pooderbuilt) bracket. The other one on my boat is not but basically look identical.

You guys are helpful thanks. I will send pics of my deck for suggestions on bracket. Also I am installing a wash down pump, any suggestion on thru hull location are helpful. I havr read and studied Warthogs thread (great item) I am looking for suggestions on resin/gelcoat/glass kits for minor damage repairs. Thanks in advance

Cecil Marine has the gelcoat. How big are your issues? Do you need resin or just fixing scratches? You can probably use a fiberglass filler for slightly deeper gouges then gelcoat over. My wash down pump comes from the thru Hull strainer under the boat.
3d128ac617f05ada0f344997c2a0dbdc.jpg

Same location for my raw water pickup. It was factory installed. Look at Warthog’s install to see his job
I bought gel coat from Cecil Marine and epoxy supplies from US Composites. West System items are good, too.

Buy a decent rebuilable pump. I have a Jabsco and read poor reviews on Shurflo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am installing a wash down pump. I looking for help in best location for thru hull fitting. I mounted the pump next to the batteries (2000 2520 DV)

Back