New Sheriff In Town

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outta Here

Reaction score
The Southern Kingfish Association is the longest-running, best recognized tourney around. Long runs in rough seas require the most reliable, powerful motors around.

Currently, 28 of the top 50 "Under 23" class and 57 of the top 100 overall are powered by Yamaha.

8)

Probably cause more and more kingfish guys are forced to run those expensive to maintain, slow engines. :p

I called a couple Parker dealers bout a 21' SE asking if I could get the boat without power and they said no. The dealer said they cannot get a boat without power. If I wanted different power, I would have to get the boat and sell the yamaha power. You can also only get the boat with a F150. You cannot get any other hp on the boat. (200 hpdi would be better for recreational water skiing) Another disappointment is you can no longer order the 21 SE with the larger 23SE console :(

B-Faithful":pdygqcko said:
Probably cause more and more kingfish guys are forced to run those expensive to maintain, slow engines. :p

I called a couple Parker dealers bout a 21' SE asking if I could get the boat without power and they said no. The dealer said they cannot get a boat without power. If I wanted different power, I would have to get the boat and sell the yamaha power. You can also only get the boat with a F150. You cannot get any other hp on the boat. (200 hpdi would be better for recreational water skiing) Another disappointment is you can no longer order the 21 SE with the larger 23SE console :(

I know what ya' mean. Just the other day, I called local Chevy dealer and tried to order a new Silverado w/o the motor (got my own 2-stroke to put in it). Guess what? They said no. They even refused my request to put a Corvette "heads-up display" in the Silverado dash. Complete inflexability. :roll:

"recreational water skiing" w/a Parker? Get a Glastron :D

so much for flexability as an advantage of dealing with a smaller builder. might as well buy a pro-line or scout 8)

How nice would one of those 175 zukes or Optimax be on a 21 se with a large console ?? :shock:

B-Faithful":1igfnnpa said:
Another disappointment is you can no longer order the 21 SE with the larger 23SE console :(

That is a suprise!
I wonder if you called the factory and asked real nice... :wink:
252-728-5621

kev, I will if I get serious. I am not doing anthing until my old house sells. By then we may have a cold snap to put me back to my senses. I go through these passionate moments now and then. It just sounds like a good idea at the moment to me.

B-Faithful":99qoeydh said:
How nice would one of those 175 zukes or Optimax be on a 21 se with a large console ?? :shock:

Can't you get the 21 DV with the large console?

A Parker with an off-brand motor would be like Dale JR driving a Dodge or Toyota. :lol:

actually, Short's Marine in DE just lost their Parker line because they started taking the Yamaha's off and putting Verados and Etecs on. i would imagine that this was some sort of violation of Parker's contract with Yamaha. the he!! of it is, of the three boats they repowered, they only sold ONE :lol: (2120 with a 200 Etec). the others, a 2520 XL with a 250 Verado and a 1801 with a 150 Etec, are still sitting in their lot. people want Yammies, go figure :roll:

Back