New to group

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STARSHOT23

Reaction score
Hello fellow Parkers. I just got a new 2018 2320 sport cabin, and I'm looking forward to learning Parker lore. Like what do cabin owners do for seating when cruising-not-fishing?
Anyway, I'm loving this thing

Mike

Welcome and congrats on the 2018 2320! A lot of folks like bean bags on the cockpit at cruise. For the most part my passengers stay in the cabin and if I have a third they usually lean up against my bait tank and hang onto my rocket launchers above the cabin door

Hello fellow Parkers. I just got a new 2018 2320 sport cabin, and I'm looking forward to learning Parker lore. Like what do cabin owners do for seating when cruising-not-fishing?
Anyway, I'm loving this thing

Mike
Hi Starshot23, Welcome to ClassicParker! And congrats on your 2320; it's one of the most popular Parkers out there! There's a lot of CP folks up there fishing and cruising 'the Rap', so I'm sure you'll see other Parkers in the area.... As for chairs, we can seat four inside the pilothouse (2520XLD) but seldom do. We also carry two folding chairs. They're heavy, and comfortable and stay-put even in rough seas, but are cumbersome to store when not in use. A LOT of CP folks like the bean bags, we've just not tried them yet.
1661562831278.png

Hi Starshot23, Welcome to ClassicParker! And congrats on your 2320; it's one of the most popular Parkers out there! There's a lot of CP folks up there fishing and cruising 'the Rap', so I'm sure you'll see other Parkers in the area.... As for chairs, we can seat four inside the pilothouse (2520XLD) but seldom do. We also carry two folding chairs. They're heavy, and comfortable and stay-put even in rough seas, but are cumbersome to store when not in use. A LOT of CP folks like the bean bags, we've just not tried them yet.
View attachment 34143
Thanks, Andy! The chairs are interesting. Where did you find them?

Mike

Hi Mike, We got them on/at Amazon. They're a fairly common item and can be found on numerous sites (Defender, West Marine, etc). At the time (about 4 years ago) Amazon had the best price.
I’ll add another vote for these type of chairs. Tough to keep on board and they take up a bunch of space, but if you have space to stow them ashore and a way to get them to and from the boat, they’re the VIP seats during a cocktail cruise.

I’ll add another vote for these type of chairs. Tough to keep on board and they take up a bunch of space, but if you have space to stow them ashore and a way to get them to and from the boat, they’re the VIP seats during a cocktail cruise.
We keep the two chairs in the pilot house most of the time, and put them in the cockpit when running the boat. We use the boat year-round, but in the winter we store the chairs in the shop (that's about 30 feet from the boat-lift, so no big inconvenience on our part). We don't need them on the boat in the winter; we stay in the dry, warm pilothouse! ☺....
We've had similar chairs on different boats for over 35 years; I guess we've just gotten used to the comfort of the chairs, and tolerate the inconvenience!.... One other point is, my wife prefers to sit in 'regular size/height' chair, and does not think she would like sitting low, in bean bags...

Last edited:
I’ll also put in a vote for this char; have owned them on my various craft since 1985.

Mike
I’m also in the market for a couple of folding chairs and agree with the others. The chair pictured is the way to go if you’re in it for the long run. There are plenty of less expensive and more portable chairs but they won’t hold up, or b as comfortable, especially outside the harbor.

Dont b surprised that the starting price point is about $200 and can go well over $300 each. With reasonable care a decent version of these will give yeas of enjoyment.

Good luck
Mike

Back