New to me 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just picked up a low hours 2006 1801 and am really excited to get out on the Chesapeake this season when it warms up. I have a few small cosmetic projects going and will be using my coronavirus self quarantine time to install the upgrade to hydraulic steering.

I thought this pic was a good omen when I picked it up in NC - hopefully i posted it correctly.

Jake

Attachments

• boat pic snip.JPG
    boat pic snip.JPG
    283.1 KB · Views: 180
Great picture, you’ll love the boat for Chesapeake. Do yourself a favor and add your location to your profile in settings, it will help people help you when you have questions. Often people near you will have recommendations and understand your usage based on your water surroundings.. good luck

Thanks guys, looking forward to making some great memories on this boat!

Incidentally I've done alot of fishing down your way on the Potomac fishing out of the Coan River on the northern neck. Great fishing down there, it sure gets sporty in a hurry around the mouth of the potomac!

Jake":3dci181z said:
Thanks guys, looking forward to making some great memories on this boat!

Incidentally I've done alot of fishing down your way on the Potomac fishing out of the Coan River on the northern neck. Great fishing down there, it sure gets sporty in a hurry around the mouth of the potomac!

It does get dangerous where the Potomac and Chesapeake meet. Fishing generally is good here but last couple of years it’s been a disappointment. Hopefully better soon.. I have actually spent more time fishing in your neck of the woods recently, with my brother. He goes out of South River from his neighborhood ramp.

Nice looking boat! Should be perfect for your location. I spent four years living on the water in Piney Point MD when I was in the Navy at Pax River. Back in the early 1990's the jelly fish were overwhelming! It didn't stop us from skiing though. We would wear flight suits, gloves, and socks and try like heck to not let your face go in the water when you fell!

How have the jelly fish been in recent years?

Love the 1801 and it looks like you got yourself a nice one.
Good luck !

I keep my 1801 on the Magothy but trailer where the fish are. Throw a set of tabs on it and the bay chop is fine. I've had a trolling motor on mine for about 8 years and wouldn't be without it. It's a Minn Kota terrova 24v 80lb w/60" shaft which was longest shaft available at the time. It only cavitates in heavy chop with my fat butt in the stern. I will go 72" when this one dies. See you on the bay when we're past this virus

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back