New-to-me 1994 21ft center console

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RBob

Reaction score
I bought a used 1994 Parker 21ft CC with a 225hp Mercury 2-stroke very noisy and smoky outboard. It was 'way below market value for the boat, mostly because it used to be a North Carolina DNR boat and when they got rid of it someone took off the DNR emblems with a grinder. Yep, it looks pretty bad, but whoever did it did not hurt the fiberglass beneath the gel coat.

Also, the foredeck is a little mushy because some previous owner stored it open with the bow down sufficiently to allow water to stand forward and soak in. How difficult is that to fix? I keep it covered now with the bow up so any rain that gets in drains through the after scuppers.

It seems like 225hp is a little much for the boat. For one thing, it appears to me (an ex-sailer) that the stern sits pretty low in the water. However, when I run about 20-23 knots and power down suddenly, water does not shlup in over the transom. I've had the boat up to 32 knots on calm water. The Merc sucked down more fuel than the speed was worth!

I plan to fish with the boat on the Chesapeake Bay when I retire--soon!

The fire department I recently retired from ran a pair of 21SE's as marine rescue boats.
One had a 225 Merc on it and the other had a 150 Yamaha.
As you observed, the Merc was heavier and gulped more fuel than the 150.
To add insult to injury, the Merc powered boat was only 3 kts faster than the 150 hp powered boat.
More horsepower does not always make a faster boat.

No contest.
If you decide to re-power, put a 150 OX66 or HPDI on there and enjoy the heck out of it.

As for the deck, it's pretty easily fixed. Any good glass man can cut out the bad section and replace it.
Once done, you won't even know the repair had been made.

So what are your plans to repair the gelcoat?
Will you have your glass man gelcoat it, or will you simply prep and paint the hull in awlgrip?

BTW - Welcome to CP! :)

I will probably do the Awlgrip option. Money is not overly available, so I will live with the 225 for a while. However, I will look into the Yama-hammer 150.

Congrats on the new boat.

When you are ready to re-power consider the 200 Yamy. I avg. 2.3 mpg with mine. I'm very pleased with fuel consumption.

Hi RBob,

I realize this is an old post-but maybe you'll see the message anyway.

I'm looking at older 21SE Parkers for the shallow draft + space, but honestly I have yet to ride one. I live in Charlottesville, VA. Not sure if your Parker 21 is a DVCC or SE, but in either case, I'd gladly spring for gas+lunch for a run with you on the Ches Bay.

Thanks,

Bryce
[email protected]

I'm new to Parker Marine, so I'm not sure what the model designations are. However, it is a Parker, its title says it's 20 feet LOA. It's a center console with a hard top. The North Carolina DNR had all their electronics in a bin under the hard top over the center console. Some previous owner put a 225 hp two-stroke on it in 2000, which is too much power for a boat that size.

As for hitting the water, I will probably go fishing in April, after I retire. Let me know if you're still interested and we might be able to set a date. The boat draws about three feet with the motor that's on it. I've had it in water the depth meter says is 2.5 feet, but that was probably the prop scraping up mud.

The other DV Parker hulls are 21 degree deadrise at the transom.
I believe the 21DV is 21 degree too.

Edit: TomS owns a 21DVCC. PM him and verify the DV deadrise figure.

Also, the other hulls can be identified by the lifting strakes on the hull. Not sure if that is so on the 21CC, but it is worth noting.
A single lifting strake and a 'v' keel at the transom = modified vee
Double lifting strakes and a flat keel at the transom = deep vee

Latest posts

Back