New to me 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan2530

Reaction score
Well, I figured I should introduce my self so here it goes. My name is Bryan I am a long time Parker admirer to the point that my sons name is parker. I have a long history with Skipjack boats and they have served me well on the southern coast of California for all my fishing needs. BUT like I said above I have had my eyes on a parker for some time! last week I had the chance to pick up a 1998 2530 powered by a 7.4 gi backed by a penta dp outdrive. I know its not a Yamaha :wink: But its what was in my price range and being that I am a auto mechanic its nice to be able to do all my own engine work vs a outboard im kind of lost.. Here is a few pics of her don't be to hard as she is filthy but I look forward to being a member of this forum and hope I learn all the good and bad things I will need to know. Tight lines :D top photo was taken by the original owner where she was used to serve his charter fishing business. p.s I forgot to mention that she has a modified v. I look forward to the input!

Attachments

• 3ladys.jpg
    3ladys.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 344
  • parker1.jpg
    parker1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 344
Welcome aboard, and congratulations!
I think you will find that the 2530 is one of the nicer designs that Parker ever produced. :wink:

Congratulations on your new 2530. I had a cabin cruiser once with a 5.7GXI Volvo DP. I personally like the Volvo drive as far as I/O's are concerned. They have a cone clutch design that shifts very smoothly compared to the Mercury Bravo's. Having some of the motor weight a little farther forward on these Parker's is not a bad thing. As far as reliability goes, I ran an old OMC 4.3 that was in a 21 cuddy cabin for well over 10K hours in salt water. In the end started blowing heads etc but with the hours I had no reason to complain. Like most, if you use them and take care of PM's, an I/O can be OK. With a 7.4 and a mod V I should think you have plenty of power to spare. I agree with Kevin, the 2530's are a great design. Good luck with her and welcome to the club! 8)

Nice boat Bryan and welcome to the forum. I have always felt welcomed on this forum and have really learned a lot about my boat. Some of us are on the east coast so I find it interesting hearing from your side of the world from time to time.

Right on! Where in San Diego?

I am in San Diego as well, just bought a 2520 from the east coast! Waiting for it to get here!!!

BenTerrible":1p20zk80 said:
Right on! Where in San Diego?

I am in San Diego as well, just bought a 2520 from the east coast! Waiting for it to get here!!!
san marcos, how about you?

Back