New Under-The-Gunnel Rod Holders for my 2310 W/A

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReelTimeCapt

Reaction score
In preparation for upcoming trips, I pulled ReelTime out of the water this past week and reworked the Rod Hoders under the Gunnels. As shown below, these look like Teak, but are made from a Synthetic Decking Lumber and are maintenance free and very sturdy.

After talking about the design with a couple of other old salts and charter captains, I chose Trex, a proven Synthetic Decking Lumber over the marine type called "Star Board" because Trex is 1-1/8 thick and I like the Teak like finish. They talked me out of painting them with marine epoxy and also advised to leave enough room to get the cleaning brush (3-1/2") underneath.

More photos can be seen on my website at
[url=http://www.teamreeltime.com/F...w.teamreeltime.com/FishingRepo ... lt.aspx#56[/url]

Attachments

• SANY0209.JPG
    SANY0209.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 1,001
  • SANY0215.JPG
    SANY0215.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,001
  • SANY0211.JPG
    SANY0211.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,000
Very nice!

I wouldn't have thought about using synthetic lumber, but it makes a lot of sense! :wink:
My front porch and back deck are both synthetic, and that stuff is great. 8)

We'll see how it holds up this season. The price was obvisously much lower than starboard. When I prices a long piece of starboard for the toe rail, it was not cost effective. If the Tex doesn't hold up I plan to use starboard for the rod holders and teak or mahogany for the toe rail.

Best Regards and Tight Lines - Fletcher

The other theme that the lower cost is coincident with it that I'm saving my pennies for a Raymarine 4KW radar unit and since I have my boat in our charter business, I had to balance the budget somwhere...:)

Latest posts

Back