non skid stain

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellofin

Reaction score
My marina is shoring up its seawall and are driving posts right by my 21 se my boat got covered by mud I was not happy but thought its only mud well it came off the hull no problem but has stained the top side Tile-ex, soap and bleach and light rubbing compound have not worked any help would be great

Try Bar Keeper's Friend powder (Wal*Mart, ACE Hardware,etc.) and a stiff bristle brush. It is non-abrasive, works wonders ALL over the boat. It is the one cleaner you only need on board. They do have a new liquid solution out which should be the cat's meow for polishing our stainless steel rails.

Dale.. I'm going to go find this Bar Keeper this weekend.

I have misc. stains on the non skid that won't come out with soap or soft scrub... And when i'm scrubbing near smooth areas of the gelcoat (near the nonskid) i'm always nervous that i'll scratch it.

How do you apply it ?

Are there any other things I should be using on the non-skid? Degreaser?

Thanks a bunch..
wicho...

Wicho,

By all means do not use any degreasers as they tend to dull the shine on your fiberglass,also very hard to completely take off (stuff like Formula 88),try the BarKeepers,they sell it at Publix or Ace,do not rub product with brush in circular motion,just apply it,work it in,let it sit,then rinse off,you may have to do it variuos times,Also Ajax with bleach,same process,trick is to let it sit for a while so that bleach can do the job,also repeat if needed.

Robert

I'm suprised that the liquid bleach in the wash water didn't take the stain out. Dave may be right about the stain being petrolium based.

I use bleach on my non-skid all the time with good results. I use a wash bucket combination of Orpine boat soap, Zep orange cleaner (Home Depot), and cheap liquid bleach when she is really dirty.

Scrub... let sit until it starts to dry, then lightly rinse. Any residual bleach left behind works with the sun to keep the deck bright.
I also keep some straight bleach in a spray bottle for spot cleaning. Spray it on a wet deck and leave it. Bleach and sunlight works wonders. :wink:

I'll occasionally have to resort to SoftScrub with bleach for 'bird stains'.
Apply, scrub lightly, let it sit for awhile, rinse. Repeat as needed.

Back