North Carolina Parker Owners

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rseate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I messaged member Andy earlier and we were discussing a possible meet up for all Parker owners on the forum that live in North Carolina (the home of Parker). Not sure if we should try to meet up with our boats or just drive to a central location. I wanted to float this idea out and determine the following:
*Is there any interest?
*Where everyone thinks we should meet?
*Arrive via boats or cars/trucks?
*When should we meet?

If there's enough interest I'll take care of coordinating everything. Also, anyone else who may want to show up regardless of where you live would be welcome!

I messaged member Andy earlier and we were discussing a possible meet up for all Parker owners on the forum that live in North Carolina (the home of Parker). Not sure if we should try to meet up with our boats or just drive to a central location. I wanted to float this idea out and determine the following:
*Is there any interest?
*When should we meet?

If there's enough interest I'll take care of coordinating everything. Also, anyone else who may want to show up regardless of where you live would be welcome!
I thank rseate for suggesting this!....It would be great to get to meet ClassicParker folks in person, and to see the boats! If the location is too far to come 'by water', or not where 'land-side' accommodations are available, we could come by land, but would prefer to go by boat.....

Last edited:
I'd like to come, depending on when and where.
Hi Steve, I hope this develops, and certainly you, and all Parker-folks will be welcomed! We don't yet know the 'when and where' may be, but I hope, like you, that it happens somewhere in mid-to-north NC/ All Parker-folks are welcome to attend. This is reseate's idea (thank you once more!) and I hope it takes place....

Hi Steve, I hope this develops, and certainly you, and all Parker-folks will be welcomed! We don't yet know the 'when and where' may be, but I hope, like you, that it happens somewhere in mid-to-north NC/ All Parker-folks are welcome to attend. This is reseate's idea (thank you once more!) and I hope it takes place....

I’m open to any area in NC.My slip is at Wrightsville Beach but I live in Cary so I can go anywhere. Northern NC may work best so members like Pelagic2530 can make it.

I’m open to any area in NC.My slip is at Wrightsville Beach but I live in Cary so I can go anywhere. Northern NC may work best so members like Pelagic2530 can make it.
The Belhaven area, on the ICW, is kinda right in the middle of North Carolina; not too far from southern Virginia, and not too far from Morehead area. (of course, that is where I am, so I'm completely prejudice to this location! ☺)... Everyone will have a different opinion/idea/suggestion as to where it could be held; All said, I think rseate should decide, as this is his 'rodeo' !

The Belhaven area, on the ICW, is kinda right in the middle of North Carolina; not too far from southern Virginia, and not too far from Morehead area. (of course, that is where I am, so I'm completely prejudice to this location! ☺)... Everyone will have a different opinion/idea/suggestion as to where it could be held; All said, I think rseate should decide, as this is his 'rodeo' !

I'm merely a conduit, I'll defer to the majority.

What are everyone's thoughts on gathering in Beaufort and have a Parker plant tour as part of the event?
Hi reseate, I'm for what-ever, and where-ever you and 'the gang' come up with, and will do my best to attend....I'm sure there are a lot of details to work out. (Is it to be a 'one-day' event? Lunch? Dinner? Multi-day?).
If it's held in Beaufort, and if we come by/with boat, for us (wife and I) it would be a 3-4 day event, as it would take about a day to get there; actually about 5 hours if the Pamlico Sound is not in 'a rage', a day to 'be there' and a day to get back home. And if we come by boat, we won't have ground transportation, so would need a hotel/accommodation close to where we dock. If that does not work out, we would likely attend for the day, via a 'land-vehicle'; I believe the Parker plant is about 8 miles from the docks downtown Beaufort, so would require transportation....

I would like to attend I live in Rock Hill SC and about three hrs from the coast. Beaufort would be a great. Several years ago we made made the trip up ICW from Waca watchee marina to Beaufort great trip takes 2 days by boat.

So it looks like Beaufort will be the destination. I hate to admit this but work is in the way for me until probably late September. If everyone is good with that I'll reach out to Parker to check on plant tours. Town Creek Marina has transient dockage:
https://towncreekmarina.com/transient-dockage/Andy, I'm sure we can arrange some type of land transportation for you.
I'll probably come by boat. It's about a 4 hour ride for me from Wrightsville Beach that I've made in the past.

Questions:
* Do we want to do a lunch or dinner
*Total number of attendees
* What else would everyone like to incorporate:
>Day of fishing as buddy boats
>Cruise the ICW as a group
>Other suggestions

*Is there any interest?
*When should we meet?

Interested

Back