NY Boat Show

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maark1

Reaction score
Is Parker going to be at the NY boat show at the end of Januray? I didn't see them listed as an exhibitor.

-Mark

IMO, the NY Boat Show is all but dead. It gets smaller and smaller every year. The costs of going keep going up and up too.

I don't think Parker has been there for a while, if ever.

If you're in the NY Metro area, I recommend the Atlantic City boat show. 3x the size.

As of now, it doesn't look like Parker will be at Atlantic City this time either.

wayne

They won't be at San Diego either. The entire show's been cancelled due to such a poor economy and the cost of showing at these shows. Many of the boat dealers I've talked to don't plan on showing at any of the shows and only a few plan on showing at one of the smaller shows. They're telling me it's just not cost effective in this market.

I don't understand something here, Obama gave himself a B+ on how his administration is doing with the economy recovery! So why isn't Parker or many other boat manufactures showing up? :shock:

Is this true?

u mean the boats Parker makes now have thinner hulls than the boats of the 90's?

I hope not ........

If it says made in USA r u gonna stop buying all the imported stuff .....EVEN RICE BURNERS/CARS not assembled in USA

I personally have a PARKER Made i USA
A GMC work truck MADE IN CANADA and USA
A Seaswirl striper MADE IN USA
A Corvette IN USA

and try as hard as i can not to buy Made in CHINA goods but with a GLOBAL ECONOMY and every one looking at the bottom line all u will see is
MADE in :
CHINA
MALAYSIA
INDIA

ETC.....

If people would stop supporting WALMART N HOME DEPOT do u not think that that some one would fill their spot in in a rats ass of a second n do the same thing....

I used to mfg. distribute and sell retail plastic goods in late 80 and through to 2001.

I would MAKE a vacuum head for pool industry for 4.90 sell it for 9.00 and it would retail for 24.99

By 2001 i was able to go to china and BUY thousands at a time for $1.75 EACH and sell em for $ 3.5 wholesale or retail em for $9.99

CHEAPER FOR consumer
MORE profitable................NO OVER HEAD to buy n resell

The problem lies with the fact that we allow/accept this in USA.....

U want it for less
U want it quick
U want it with out working 4 it

We cant embargo china but we can work to make it better buy PRAYING>>>>>>>>

lol kidding

I feel the same as most of you all do but OUT SOURCING IS THE REAL PROBLEM......

I seem to remember in the 66-74 era that we were protecting GOODYEAR RUBBER TREE FARMS in THE MEKONG DELTA.........
that didnt last long cuz eventually we stopped using "REAL" rubber and ............
We went to main land China and started them up too.......

JUST FOR KICKS FIND 10 ITEMS in your house and look where they r made chances are that ONE or NONE will be the answer......then blame no one but yourself .......YOU had a choice but PURCHASED IT ANYWAY!!

I know i do......

JUST LOVE THEM TWIN YAMMIES (RICE BURNERS...)
Some time we pay a hefty choice in our life for such simple decisions....

Yes, I feel the present administration needs to address the issues and stop putting band-aids on the economy. We need to bring back manufacturing and lower taxes so corporations can be profitable and the poeple in this country can afford to purchase house hold and receational goods. To solve our current problem here in the USA is to bring the USA back from foreign countries!!! and to reduce the goverment!

Don't forget where all the unions come into this mess

Which unions?
teachers unions?
nurses unions?
sanitary wokers unions?
pipefiters unions?
auto worker unions?
sheetmetal unions?
machinist unions
pilots unions?
carpenters unions?
actors guild unions?
electrians unions?
fire fighters unions?
teamsters unions?

So On So On And So Forth

But the worst of all are those dreded law enforcement unions aaARRRGG :lol: :shock: :lol:

getting back to the original topic:

as previous posters have said:

The javits center boat show is all but dead. The closest boat that has been going there in the last couple years is the osprey boats, which i think are overweight ducks. There are NO show deals to be had for us working stiffs, only for the men with the big dollars and the madison avenue address.

The better show in the NY/NJ area has been the philly/atlantic city show. Parker, steiger and maycraft usually show up. doesnt look like parker is going there this year..

I still havent seen the 34 in person yet...i may never get to see it if this economy keeps up.

OK, you thread jackers can get back to business now =P

Back