Off white color color to match older Parkers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CobbFisherman

Reaction score
I want to get a large cooler to mount in the open bow of my 1800, sort of like a coffin box. My 1800 is a 1998 and is the older off white gelcoat color. The Starboard trim and hatches in my boat are the "fish white" color and I'd say that the gelcoat matches the "seafoam" starboard color pretty closely.

I'd like to find an off-white cooler that's a similar color to the old Parker gelcoat color or the "fish white" starboard color. See the attached starboard color chart for reference.

All I'm finding for coolers is bright white or tan. Bright white is obviously too bright and white, and tan is much too dark. Does anyone know of a slightly off white, "seafoam", or "fish white" cooler? Thanks for your help.king-starboard-colors.jpg

Doesn't anyone make a 'seafoam', 'fish white', or generic 'off white' color cooler??

I agree that all coolers seem to be plain white with no options to match the old Parker color. Your best bet might be to pick a cooler you like that someone makes seat cushions for and then paint the cooler. If you prep well and use a good primer and paint that’s specific to plastic you can get good adhesion. If it got scratched sometime down the road you’d be able to do any touch ups.

But if you do find a cooler off the shelf that matches, let us know.

I think you’re gonna be out of luck unless you are willing to spend some major $$$ on custom work.

For the best bang for your buck, I’d say get a regularly colored cooler with a custom cushion on top that matches your current upholstery. That would be the easiest way to tie the cooler into the boat.

For what it’s worth, an RTIC 110 makes an excellent coffin box for the bow, if you really need the cooler capacity, but it takes up a lot of room. Otherwise, an RTIC 65 with cushion fits perfectly in front of the forward seat, and at the same height so it basically makes a sort of “lounge seat” (popular with the significant other 😁) and doesn’t take up too much bow space.

I have both; I’ll try to grab some pictures for you tomorrow.

Thanks for the input everyone! Pictures of your 110 in the bow would be really helpful!

I currently have an old hand me down Igloo 94. It’s a good size but it has a hole in the bottom, so it needs to be replaced. Plus, the bright white color bugs me in an off white boat. If I’m going to add tie downs to make a cooler into a coffin box, it’s gonna need to match. I know I’m being picky.

Lifetime coolers come in a color that they call khaki. I haven’t seen one in person yet, but looks like the closest match I’ve found so far. It looks much lighter than the tan color that most of the other manufacturers use. Their 115 size looks great for a coffin box. I think this cooler with a white vinyl cushion on top would match the existing cooler and seat pretty closely.
It looks like Walmart has them with free in-store pickup. I might order one and see what the color looks like in person.

https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-91000-lifetime-115-quart-high-performance-cooler?bvstate=pg:2/ct:q

Back