Ok, who is pulling out ? ? ? ? ? ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping an eye on it. ready to pull if need be, will have to get it right back in for the Bass and Blacks though

Unless this looks radically different in the next couple of model runs, I am coming out..

Attachments

• 144711W5_NL_sm.gif
    144711W5_NL_sm.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 740
I just made the difficult decision to come out.
Looks like the end of my season also as I had to come out in 3 weeks anyway
for a 4 day Montauk trip Thanksgiving week. Won't bother having it put back in..damn Sandy :x

Don't forget the full moon also, could be historic flooding.

Im in the Florida Keys, Islamorada and we currently have 30-40 MPH gust. Im keeping mine in the water I think I will be ok.

Attachments

• IMG_8196.jpg
    IMG_8196.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 702
Bryan 2530":2l4uq5bj said:
So , now what???

Some of us on the coast are gonna get whacked. :shock:
Now... who will it be?

I'm lucky though.
My slip (and my marina) are pretty well protected from wind.

Also, my boat really does not react badly to wind.
I've been through a hurricane, and several tropical storms and nor-easters in that slip, and she rode them all well.
I'm staying in.

Going to have to watch my lines though.
If it blows a gale from the north for a few days (as predicted), it's gonna blow a LOT of water out of the Bay and that could cause her to hang on her lines.
Don't want that...

Just got back from Islamorada yesterday. Pretty nasty with saltwater/spray blowing across US1 on the 18 mile stretch.

I am pretty well protected and have decided to ride it out. Wishing everybody good luck.

Governor O’Malley Signs Executive Order Declaring State of Emergency in Maryland
October 26th, 2012

ANNAPOLIS, MD – Governor Martin O’Malley this morning signed an Executive Order declaring a State of Emergency for all Maryland counties as the State continues to monitor Hurricane Sandy and its potential impact. The declaration gives the state flexibility to activate the Maryland National Guard and provide assistance to local emergency managers.

“As Hurricane Sandy makes its way north, I urge all Maryland residents to prepare for extreme weather,” said Governor O’Malley. “I urge all Marylanders to review their family emergency plans, make sure their emergency supplies like batteries and water are fully stocked and to stay informed.”

The declaration of a state of emergency (among other things):

requires the Director of MEMA to coordinate agencies’ activities to alleviate the emergency;
authorizes the deployment and use of resources covered under the State and local emergency plans;
authorizes the use or distribution of supplies, equipment, materials, and facilities that have been stockpiled or arranged to be made available in emergencies;
permits the Governor, if the Governor finds it necessary in order to protect the public health, welfare, or safety, to suspend the effect of statutes and regulations of the State (or localities);
activates the National Guard to provide assistance if necessary.

A copy of the Executive Order can be found here: http://www.governor.maryland.gov/execut ... 2.19eo.pdf

Big pillow fenders are out, just-in-case. :wink:

Attachments

• Boat1.jpg
    Boat1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 454
  • Boat2.jpg
    Boat2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 454
If you look at the map on the left in the first image you will see where Rt50 crosses the Chesapeake over the Bay Bridge.
My home is 1 mile from the eastbound ramp on the western shore.
I think it's gonna get interesting by Monday.

Oh... MEMA is saying "3 days of food and water".
Are they kidding? Once power goes out, we will be lucky to see power again in 7 days!
BGE does nothing quickly around here (except send you a bill).

Attachments

• here3.jpg
    here3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 552
  • here2.jpg
    here2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 552
I live in Rock Hall, MD and we're dead on Sandy's trajectory. My 2013 2520 XL has been kept on a boat lift at Gratitude Marina right on the Chesapeake Bay, but all boats are now hauled out - Marina's decision. I had thought that raising the lift to it's max and lashing the boat to the lift would suffice, but they're calling for 3-5' over mean high tide so pulling out is probably the right decision.The storm's peak in this region will coincide with high tide and a full moon on Monday.

I pulled her out yesterday, gave me an excuse to go fishing (Eastern Bay). An hour of my time is not worth the hassle and worry of her sitting in the marina. She it sitting comfortably in my yard. Be back in on Saturday.

Good luck to everyone weathering out the storm.

Finding that my winter cover is not a hurricane cover!

Back