old caulk

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinmantoo

Reaction score
i have a 2001 2310 previous owner had recaulked seams around seating areas ( raised deck ) not great job, saying that i started to redue yesterday.( picked a way to hot day). there was some vinyl caulk, but most was caulk that was hard as a granit rock, had to dig out with wood chisel and hammer ( very carefully ) was that original? replaced with vinyl almond matches perfect. was that hard as a rock stuff for strenght? did i hurt the strenght? sure looks gooood. tinmantoo bel air md.

In my experience Parker used white silicone caulking which keeps some elasticity, and lasts longer because it can flex a bit. Rock hard anything will crack and leak eventually. I recommend Dow glazing compound, it comes in several colors and will stick to just a bout anything, even stainless steel, and Starboard. Cleans up easily with mineral spirits.

thank you for reply , the old caulk was so hard i find it hard to think was factory. on the other hand the previous owner did nothing that to the boat other than put the acylic patch on it. i have replaced with perfect match caulk looks great ( almond ). tinman bel air md 23 w a

Latest posts

Back