one a year service ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara11

Reaction score
I have been getting my twin 2006 F150 outboards serviced once a years, usually around Nov, and each time, they change all fluids, grease all zert fittings and change filters and hook the motors up to some computer and I get a print out of how long I have ran at all speeds and good bill of health, what I am wondering is, if I change all the fluids, filters and grease the zert fittings, do I need to take it to the Yamaha mechanic, they usually keep the boat for a week, but work on it for a few hours, my shop is close and I drive by and check, usually the cost is about 1400 as I recall maybe more, does it have to go to the shop if I am doing all the changes and running perfect ? Trying to save money, and we are always current with Vessel Assist :)

I do all the oil changes, grease fittings and filters and spark plugs myself with no problems. I did buy the service manual which is really good at explaining all the things you need for these maintenance items.

You need a few tools and Andy at SIM has the manual, YDS software and parts at low prices plus outstanding tech support by email and on the Hull Truth He posted several tutorials on the 225 at http://www.simyamaha.com/Yamaha_Outboar ... s/1806.htm and maintenance check lists

The basic steps are applicable on other motors

m2cw is not purchase the manual and software now. I would buy some Yamaha oil, fuel and oil filters, and lower unit fluid, extra washers, etc from SIM and take advantage of the $9.99 shipping fee.
I think you should purchase the 2 VST filters, VST O-ring and a couple of inside the motor fuel filters so you will be prepared.
Shop locally for ring free, Sta-Bil, etc fuel storage and maintenance fluids. If you don't have a Racor fuel and water filter before the motor, install one and change on a regular schedule. I just bought NKG plugs form Auto Zone locally for $4.29 each vs $7.50 online.
Ask the counter person if he will throw a free gap tool
Mr Funnel fuel filter is useful when adding gas to remove debris. A tube of dielectric grease is useful along with Tripe Guard grease Dale has recommended. A decent grease gun (full size with flexible hose or mini) will last for years and purchase marine grade grease. I replaced the motor flush attachment (ear muffs) with a Moeller that has larger cups and dual water feeds for $22. Discard the wing nuts on your batteries and replace with nuts, washers, etc, Just the search the site on batteries. Clean the battery terminal and your favorite corrosion block. Buy an inexpensive digital volt meter which has multiple uses. If you spend money up front, you will save a lot of money

Thats what I have done, and Andy is shipping the lower unit stuff today ! Thanks all !

Thanks, and I know, problem I have is not knowing what things are called to search for, but I am learning, and Andy has helped me since I had my Stripper, then I got the Parker. And I finally was able to get my account back on the Hull Truth, so it is all good and I am doing it, thanks for your help !

Back