OOOHHH's & AAAHHHSSS's

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisn

Reaction score
Okay, i want to start off by saying that YES, i believe the new 3420 is a beautiful and fairly stunning example of a boat in this size category.

I do, however, want to mention some things that I noticed which I feel are left out. First of all, if I am going to spend the kind of money $230,000ish that I feel this boat will cost I would be looking for a few different things. I think the interior setup is awkward. I for one enjoy the double helm seats on my 25 and I think it makes for a much more stable run for those facing forward. I am not much of a setee fan, but i think it could have been cut down a bit to allow for another helm seat. The helm seats themselves need to be stepped up to something mor appropraite for a boat of this size. I don't have anything against my helm seats, but I can tell you on numerous occasions I have thought of changing them out for something more comfortable and sturdy like a pompanette full wooden ladderback, or even anything with more absorbtion. Also I reaaly hope that they pushed the seat pedastal back away from the helm a bit. Even a double helm bench might be nice.

It just seems that maybe the family idea was more involved here. Which leads me to the narrowness of the banquette itself. Kind of narrow don't you think?? Also, I noticed that the rear facing seat portion is not connected or braced to any sort of dash. There is actually open space behind it. A kind of free floating back if you would. My experience with boats does not lend well to such a setup, and being that close to the window could spell easy damage. I would prefer a finished dash and hel seat as I said.

Some of these nest ones are just guesses. I hope to God there is a better window mechanism, tougher wipers, and by the looks of the upgraded door mechanics maybe they have thought of the others, but i still see the same screens and crappy plastic locks on the windows.

I know that this boat has much more underdeck room then any of ours, thus displacing much of the impact from heavy seas, not to mention its mass. That being said I am not sure 50+ MPH would really be the way I would want to go. I wonder what 300''s would push the boat to?

Things I love... I know it doesn't sound like much to some, but the scupper drainage system is awesome and reminicent of a true Carolina boat. The step downs are great. I would have like to see top mounted riggers. I have the side mounted Lee's and I like them but they do and will continue to put stress on the sides. Gunnels look large!! Nice to have a transom door, albeit pretty small.

Now for the last thing. I know there are a lot of you out there who are concerned or not happy with your tabs. Just from looking do you guys think these would be the tabs you would want? I would prefer a twin bracket per side myself with more length and maybe more depth.

Anyway, these are just my opinions so i am not trying to offend anybody. I am a huge Parker fan and I buy them for their durability and overall seaworthiness. I might be interested in this boat in the next couple, but some things would have to change for that amount of cash.

Scoundrel

I would not buy one, looks bullet proof, but not set up to my likings, for that kind of money, you could get a sweet ride with all the thrills, just my 2 cents :)

I'm guessing that the 3420 will end up being more a build-to-order boat than a spec build that will sit on a dealers lot waiting for a buyer to come along. At least, that is my impression.

If I were in the market for one of these boats, I'd be traveling to the factory to sit down with, and talk to Robin... and spec it out to my particular tastes.

The 3420 is in a whole different class than my 2520, and I suspect that the factory will be treating them as such.
But... I could be wrong. 8)

The 3420 is in a whole different class than my 2520, and I suspect that the factory will be treating them as such.
But... I could be wrong.

Megabyte,

I do agree with you as far as the boat being in a different class then our boats, but Parker is not modified to be a custom to semi custom manufacturer. I feel that this boat will come with a simple list of options like the others, although I am sure it will be more lengthy. My gripes are only related to my opinions when i compare this boat to others in its size and class. I just think for that money a boat needs to be more finished in QC (i.e. seatbacks, bench widths, easy flow and seamless finish). Things like the free floating bench seat back and window durability are real concerns that, in my opinion should just not to be associated with a boat of this size and probable price.

Regardless, I would also sit down with any manufacturer when spending this kind of money. I also think that maybe many manufacturers were bent on releasing these large boats most certainly to a spec market, but unfortunately guess what?? THE ECONOMY SUCKS!! I can name a handful of quality boat houses that are biting themselves in the ass, but I am not saying Parker is one of them. Thank god there aren't 3 or 4 engines hanging of that bracket! :lol:

Then again....I could be completely wrong?!? :wink:

Megabyte":373t4i9i said:
I'm guessing that the 3420 will end up being more a build-to-order boat than a spec build that will sit on a dealers lot waiting for a buyer to come along. At least, that is my impression.

I agree. I would be suprised if many dealers buy these unless they are pre-ordered. Probably the big dealers located in the "Charter Zone"

chrisn":rkgvx11q said:
Okay, i want to start off by saying that YES, i believe the new 3420 is a beautiful and fairly stunning example of a boat in this size category.

I do, however, want to mention some things that I noticed which I feel are left out. First of all, if I am going to spend the kind of money $230,000ish that I feel this boat will cost I would be looking for a few different things.

TRY $300,000.00 ish....

I'm starting to think that while this boat is a Parker, it's really not. All the Parker owners on this board kind of have a different class boat and to think of a boat nearling $300K rigged out is really out of the realm of our understanding.

Honestly, for $300K, I would think of several other boats I'd probably look at first, but then again, I've never seen this boat in person.

Just by looking at the photos, I'm a bit dissappointed by the lack of privacy of the v-berth. Also, a raised helm walk-around design usually offers alot more room.

I've never seen this boat in person.

No, but you do own a Parker, and companies with their type of history and allegiance tend not to stray from the coop too much. You can look at the pictures and know from familiarity that it is in fact a Parker. I too will wait and allow my final impressions to resonate once i am on one, but I must say that anywhere between 250,000 and 300,000 pushes me to a much different boat and a different manufacturer.

I add the following pictures as an example. $242,000 rigged with E12 series, sirius, rigggers, etc, etc

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 602
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 602
chrisn":2g2f46a4 said:
TRY $300,00.00 ish....

:shock: Obviously you must mean fully rigged with every option available??

That' way out of their league!

The price posted on this forum was said to be $279,000.00 for the one as equiped in the photos. Add tax tag title....your in the $290's. Basic electronics will bring you to $300,000.00. I agree. A nice boat but way out of their league.

Back