Oops 😬…..

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueghost93

Reaction score
Well I’m not sure what to do at this moment. Southern California has gotten insane rain since January. In particular my house has gotten over 17 inches. My Parker sits outside with a cover on it full-time and typically speaking I just go pump the water off the cover after a good rain.

After the inch and a half I got two nights ago I went to bail the cover today to find it was dry. At that moment panic set in and I knew the cover decided to finally bust a seam somewhere and leak into the boat. Normally this would not be an issue but the rear bilge cover and hatch were open due to the repower I’m going through on top of replacing all the hoses under the deck. Needless to say the battery compartment was filled to the brim just below the U cut out that goes to the fuel tank side.

With this being said I pulled the plug in the back and drained it completely. There is very little standing water left in it but my concern is would that water have gotten in the foam around the gas tank from the tunnel running down the hull?

It does not seem like any water or much of anyone over the notch for the fuel lines as all the foam around the tank looked dry. I think I blew a fuse or burned out the new bilge pump saying that apparently it ran for the last two days straight and the hoses are not connected.

What Parker do you have? My 2320 has a coffin style compartment with no access to the bilge and is completely foam filled and self contained. So in my case if my fuel line inspection port was leaking it would be a big issue but if water just got in my bilge it couldn’t get to foam. Is there a reason you store your boat with the drain plug in when on the trailer?

What Parker do you have? My 2320 has a coffin style compartment with no access to the bilge and is completely foam filled and self contained. So in my case if my fuel line inspection port was leaking it would be a big issue but if water just got in my bilge it couldn’t get to foam. Is there a reason you store your boat with the drain plug in when on the trailer?
It’s a 08 2320. Typically speaking I pull the plug when I bring it out of the water but I literally bought the boat To repower so it’s just sat in my driveway while I get everything together.

It seems like it’s compartmentalized. I don’t think water can get to the foam from underneath unless it goes over the top of the tank.

A Little late....BUT....1st thing is, when it sits on the trailer..... Pull the plug.
This is standard practice for us.

Only you can know if water got to where you don't want it... We are not there to see.
Pump with no hoses....... You just wanted to load test your battery...... Right? LOL

Obviously just recycling the water.... Kinda what you get if using Series 120 Bilgeflex plastic hose.

Burned the new pump up? Well you certainly tested it, but did it pop the fuse, or Kill the battery?

A Little late....BUT....1st thing is, when it sits on the trailer..... Pull the plug.
This is standard practice for us.

Only you can know if water got to where you don't want it... We are not there to see.
Pump with no hoses....... You just wanted to load test your battery...... Right? LOL

Obviously just recycling the water.... Kinda what you get if using Series 120 Bilgeflex plastic hose.

Burned the new pump up? Well you certainly tested it, but did it pop the fuse, or Kill the battery?
What’s funny is Thursday they are erecting a steel garage for the boat lol

A multimeter shows a full 12 volts so I have a feeling it’s a blown fuse but I did not have time to go through it all yesterday. It was also plugged in on the charger when this happened.

As far as water damage I guess the question is, is the tunnel that runs down the center of the boat enclosed or if you filled the bilge can it touch foam from underneath

It’s a 08 2320. Typically speaking I pull the plug when I bring it out of the water but I literally bought the boat To repower so it’s just sat in my driveway while I get everything together.

It seems like it’s compartmentalized. I don’t think water can get to the foam from underneath unless it goes over the top of the tank.
08 2320 your good in regard to foam. If you have the pry inspection pie plates I would check the seals on those. The one closest to your bilge is typically the culprit for wet foam and fuel tank corrosion. I am in the process of changing mine to the Tempress screw version

Well I’m not sure what to do at this moment. Southern California has gotten insane rain since January. In particular my house has gotten over 17 inches. My Parker sits outside with a cover on it full-time and typically speaking I just go pump the water off the cover after a good rain.

After the inch and a half I got two nights ago I went to bail the cover today to find it was dry. At that moment panic set in and I knew the cover decided to finally bust a seam somewhere and leak into the boat. Normally this would not be an issue but the rear bilge cover and hatch were open due to the repower I’m going through on top of replacing all the hoses under the deck. Needless to say the battery compartment was filled to the brim just below the U cut out that goes to the fuel tank side.

With this being said I pulled the plug in the back and drained it completely. There is very little standing water left in it but my concern is would that water have gotten in the foam around the gas tank from the tunnel running down the hull?

It does not seem like any water or much of anyone over the notch for the fuel lines as all the foam around the tank looked dry. I think I blew a fuse or burned out the new bilge pump saying that apparently it ran for the last two days straight and the hoses are not connected.
My money says, the pry out inspection ports on 50%+ of Parker Boats are leaking and the foam surrounding the fuel tanks on all those boats is wet with brackish water. It’s not a desirable situation and does eventually cause issues with the fuels tanks but the problems manifest over years/decades and the leaking is continuous and involves salt water.

If your inspection ports are not leaking (like they do on MANY Parkers) and this possible exposure to fresh water is a one time occurrence, even if your foam did get wet from rainwater, it’s fresh water and the foam is eventually going to dry out.

I would not worry about this one time exposure to fresh water doing any harm.

Your takeaway from this should be to always remove the plug when the boat is stored on the trailer and to make sure the trailer tongue is elevated so that if it rains any water getting into the hull will drain aft and out the plug hole….

Last edited:
My money says, the pry out inspection ports on 50%+ of Parker Boats are leaking and the foam surrounding the fuel tanks on all those boats is wet with brackish water. It’s not a desirable situation and does eventually cause issues with the fuels tanks but the problems manifest over years/decades and the leaking is continuous and involves salt water.

If your inspection ports are not leaking (like they do on MANY Parkers) and this possible exposure to fresh water is a one time occurrence, even if your foam did get wet from rainwater, it’s fresh water and the foam is eventually going to dry out.

I would not worry about this one time exposure to fresh water doing any harm.

Your takeaway from this should be to always remove the plug when the boat is stored on the trailer and to make sure the trailer tongue is elevated so that if it rains any water getting into the hull will drain aft and out the plug hole….
Yea def not doing that again…. Just got new lines and fitting so I’ll do a thorough check before I re install everything

Back