Opinions on this Parker 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayyitztoto

Reaction score
Hey guys so I found this parker somewhat local to me. Is the price they're asking too much or just about right? Any input would be great. Thanks!

Dimensions
Beam: 7 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 0 ft 7 in
Deadrise: 14 ° at Transom
Dry Weight: 1950 lbs

Engines
Total Power: 150 HP

Engine 1:
Engine Brand: Yamaha
Year Built: 2006
Engine Type: Outboard 4S
Engine/Fuel Type: Gas/Petrol
Engine Power: 150 HP

Tanks
Fuel Tanks: (60 Gallons)

Electronics
GPS
VHF

Inside Equipment
Battery charger

Electrical Equipment
Shore power inlet

Outside Equipment/Extras
Swimming ladder

Covers
Cockpit cover

Additional Equipment
Road trailer

Description

The Parker 1801 Center Console incorporates a drop-in anchor locker in the restyled deck offering easy access and storage for anchor and line. Added cockpit depth provides comfort and additional safety. The large console has the space needed for electronics and a storage area for gear and personal items. There's seating for four provided in this spacious center console. Standard rod storage and four stainless steel rod holders, along with the optional 14-gallon livewell make a fishing excursion easy and enjoyable. Weatherproof circuit breaker switch panels are standard and located inside the console to reduce exposure from the elements. This model benefits from a custom T-Top, electronics and a dual axle trailer.

Dimensions

18'

Additional Information

This CLEAN Parker comes with a Garmin GPS-MAP 498 & a Standard Horizon VHF

Engines

Fuel efficient, clean Yamaha 115hp 4 stroke outboard motor with 3only 37 hours

Additional Information

Pacific galvanized dual axle trailer with new tires.

Tankage

64 gal fuel tank.

In one place you say 150HP and another 115HP. But it doesn't make a lot of difference as to market value.

You didn't say what condition the boat is in. Big factor in value.

NADA "book value" including 115 HP engine but not trailer is -
Average retail $11,760
High retail $14,380
150 HP might increase the value a little but not much.
The electronics would be included in the above value.

You didn't say who built the trailer, but a galvanized 2006 trailer with twin axles has a market value of about $1000.

These are typical of the middle east coast, can't say how much different it would be on the left coast. Sometimes east coast boats sell well on the west coast and sometimes not. But $19k sounds steep.

If the boat is in good condition, I would say offer $14k and see what happens. Maybe play up the east coast manufacturer angle as a negotiating point. Are Parkers well known in your area or not? Makes a difference.

Steve... marine surveyor

1801Steve":1sosualx said:
In one place you say 150HP and another 115HP. But it doesn't make a lot of difference as to market value.

You didn't say what condition the boat is in. Big factor in value.

NADA "book value" including 115 HP engine but not trailer is -
Average retail $11,760
High retail $14,380
150 HP might increase the value a little but not much.
The electronics would be included in the above value.

You didn't say who built the trailer, but a galvanized 2006 trailer with twin axles has a market value of about $1000.

These are typical of the middle east coast, can't say how much different it would be on the left coast. Sometimes east coast boats sell well on the west coast and sometimes not. But $19k sounds steep.

If the boat is in good condition, I would say offer $14k and see what happens. Maybe play up the east coast manufacturer angle as a negotiating point. Are Parkers well known in your area or not? Makes a difference.

Steve... marine surveyor

Sorry it is a 115hp yamaha with 337 hours. Also, the trailer is from pacific trailers. Parkers are pretty well known here on the West Coast and they do sell well. After doing some research, I see them sell in the range of 16-20k.

West coast prices are always higher than what you find on the east coast.
That is why we see folks here sometimes buying an east coast boat and shipping it west.
No rhyme or reason, it's just the way it is.

If the boat is what you want, negotiate a price.
Good luck!

Megabyte":3096wkvj said:
West coast prices are always higher than what you find on the east coast.
That is why we see folks here sometimes buying an east coast boat and shipping it west.
No rhyme or reason, it's just the way it is.

If the boat is what you want, negotiate a price.
Good luck!
It is what I want! Sea trialed yesterday in some pretty bad conditions but it showed how well the boat handled. Just wish there were more around here.

So I found out some disappointing information. Broker was nice enough to share the service records for the boat. After going through it, the last service done was May 2014 and the model shown in the records is an 04 parker. The boat was listed as a 2006 parker with service done recently supposedly. Raised questions to the broker and still waiting for an answer. Hope my first time boat buyer experience doesn't head into this direction...

It's a negotiating tool. Use it to your advantage.
'04 or an '06 doesn't matter much on the boat, but it does when negotiating.

Megabyte":2xj3o811 said:
It's a negotiating tool. Use it to your advantage.
'04 or an '06 doesn't matter much on the boat, but it does when negotiating.
Good point. I will check on that though. Service center might of put down the wrong year since the hull ID says 06.

Boats do cost more on the West Coast. And while Parkers are known and liked here, there are not a lot of them for sale. I think the price is OK but better if you can work down by $1500.

I went to the East Coast (Philly) to buy my Parker 1801, towed it back to California and did a substantial refit. I would not sell it for a penny under $20K.

That 1801 has been listed for at least 5 months and they were originally asking $24K. I considered that one because of the t-top but the price was ridiculous. There was another one in Oxnard listed on BloodyDecks and CL for about $19K and that one was really dialed in, plus it had a nice Yamaha kicker. I ended up buying a different 1801 up here in NorCal and although it had almost 1,600 hours, the maintenance records were fantastic. I still ended up putting another $2,300 into the trailer and another grand into the boat itself, but now it's dialed in for many years of fishing.

If I were you, I would start negotiations around $15K and see if you can meet somewhere in the middle. At $17-18K I think that would be a good purchase. Good luck!

Ayyitztoto":1f1008wt said:
So I found out some disappointing information. Broker was nice enough to share the service records for the boat. After going through it, the last service done was May 2014 and the model shown in the records is an 04 parker. The boat was listed as a 2006 parker with service done recently supposedly. Raised questions to the broker and still waiting for an answer. Hope my first time boat buyer experience doesn't head into this direction...

Was this the boat for sale in Oceanside with breakwater yachts?

Back