Opinions on Yamaha 150 hp four cycle?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakr

Reaction score
I've sold off my Parker 2520XL with the 225 Yamaha four cycle, and am about to order a new Parker 2100 CC with the 150 Yamaha four cycle. I had zero problems with my 225, and I'm hoping for similar happy results with the new engine.

Any comments on the 150?

medium-smiley-064.gif

My twin F150's purr like kittens. Well until you put the hammer down, then they kick a$$. Smooth and quiet.

No problems here, but they only have 300 hours on them.

TopShot25":32a2wm5a said:
My twin F150's purr like kittens. Well until you put the hammer down, then they kick a$$. Smooth and quiet.

No problems here, but they only have 300 hours on them.

Good to know. Where's the oil filter, by the way? I looked at the owner's manual (downloaded it) but could not find a reference to it. Is it a pain in the butt to change it out?

I hate my yamaha 2006 4stroke. It is so quite that I turn the key by mistake when it's on LOL. I love the motor over 400 hours and runs like it was just installed.

The oil filter is on the right side of my 2007 Y 150 fs as I look aft. It is in easy reach from the boat and it is upside down so it was drained when I changed it. I bought the socket head to remove the filter next time I change it.

In photo filter is on right side of engine about half way down the lower side.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pete

Attachments

• Oil Change (Small).JPG
    Oil Change (Small).JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 85
06 F150 on my 2120 sc. Right on the verge of 200 hours and runs like a Swiss watch. As mentioned before starter might be a problem as I keep trying to start it while still at idle. Bait pump is louder then the motor.

Thanks for the comments. I've been mulling over whether I want to stick with the 150 or bump up to a 200 on my new 2100CC. I normally would keep the fuel tank half full. I did not order the tee-top. I did not order the front vee-seats. Therefore, my new boat probably will be running at least 500 pounds lighter than more typical 2100CCs, no?

I usually ran my 2520XL (listed for sale here - hint!) at 25-27 mph on Chesapeake Bay with the F225 engine. That provided a comfy ride AND kept the fuel burn at around 10gph. Both the ride and the fuel burn suited me.

I expect to run the new boat at about the same speed.

So, I can't think of a reason why I'd want more than a 150 hp engine.

Back