Out with the old and in with the new.....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Matt

Reaction score
I've noticed that my trailer seemed heavy this year while towing. So before I put her away for the winter I decided to investigate and check out the brakes. Well after four years it appears I need new brakes. These appeared to of been basicaly stuck on and the brake pads are melted on one side and broken and rotted on the other.

I just got off the phone with Eastern Marine and my silver cadmium plated Kodiak's and new brake lines will be here in two days. Now lets hope the rumor of snow flurries tonight is some type of April fools joke! :shock:

Attachments

• Parker 23SE brake 1.jpg
    Parker 23SE brake 1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 781
  • Parker 23SE brake 5.jpg
    Parker 23SE brake 5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 781
Well after ordering the wrong kits from Eastern Marine I finally got my Kodiak's installed. Everything went as planned and while I was at it I also installed new brake lines.

While I was at it, I also put on two new hubs on the other axle. I tried something new to me though. I'm going to use a bearing grease called Green Grease. My friend swears by it so I loaded up the spindles as well until the old grease was forced out.

Attachments

• Parker23SE 001.jpg
    Parker23SE 001.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 557
  • Parker23SE 008.jpg
    Parker23SE 008.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 557
  • Parker23SE 007.jpg
    Parker23SE 007.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 557
Have you towed with it yet?
I'm betting that you like those Kodiak brakes. :wink:

I have not towed it yet. The boat is up on jacks and basically put away for the year. I put the wheels on and I will wax her again and cover her up. It's nice knowing that she should be ready to go come spring. I'll leave an opening in the back so I can get inside and do some busy work this winter.

Back