OUTBOARD MOTOR 1 AND 2

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyAmalfitano

Reaction score
I received a flyer for the OCEAN COUNTY NJ VOCATIONAL SCHOOL. They offer MARINE ENGINE REPAIR 1 AND 2. Both classes are for outboard motors. You need to take 1 before you can take 2.
I have seen posts here questioning the owners ability to maintain or repair their engine. Well, here you go! for $175.00 and one night a week for 10 weeks all your fears are put to bed. The following was copied from their web site.

Marine Engine Repair - Outboard I
This course is for the novice with no experience in outboard repair and will teach you to troubleshoot and repair an outboard motor.
1. Proper and safe use of tools
2. Engine parts and description
3. Engine maintenance and repair
4. Engine troubleshooting
Films, charts, lectures and demonstrations will account for approximately one half of the class. Lab time will make up the remainder of time.
Marine Engine Repair - Outboard II
This course is designed to develop a fundamental understanding of outboard marine engines.
Prerequisite: Marine Engine Repair - Outboard I
1. Construction and operation
2. Maintenance and repair (all engine makes and models)
3. Testing, calibration and troubleshooting
4. How to test in our special water tanks
5. Marine test equipment
6. Theory and actual service procedure

While I know most of you don't live in the Ocean County NJ area, I'm sure there is a similar school near you! (Too bad the course started Sept 10 :shock: )

Latest posts

Back