Outfitting new Parker and looking for advice

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noahs2310

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a new Parker 2310 Walk around and I am in the progress of having the boat outfitted prior to delivery. Among other things such as a GPS plotter / fish finder and a VHF. I would like to add a Stereo. The Issue I am having is where to place speakers and what size speakers to purchase. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to many years of Happy ownership.

I know this item has been discussed on several occasions and photos have been posted of various speaker installations...

Best bet is to go up there to the top... click on Search, and put 'stereo speakers' into the search box and search all of the areas. I think you'll find what you are looking for.

Sometimes threads take a 'detour' and you will find good information on a particular topic unrelated to the topic title. That's where the search feature comes in handy. It searches the titles AND the text of a thread.

Enjoy!

I spent some time over on TheHullTruth and BoaterEd concerning the same subject. It was B-Faithful that put me onto the right solution...a sports boombox. They are relatively inexpensive compared to a fixed system, can be removed for the winter (or when camping on the beach), and best of all...you don't have to drill holes in the fiberglass to mount them. :D :D :D

Over on the other two sites, the concensus was that marine stereo systems rarely last more than about 3 years. My boomboxes last about the same length of time.

My next move will be to get an iPod loaded with my favorite tunes and a portable power/speaker system for it. That setup is the best of all worlds.

I agree with Porkchunker. I contemplated the same issue, then purchased a sports boombox that plays mp3s. The only downfall is when it is sloppy out it doesnt like to stay put.

I had a installed a clarion in my old boat when I moved the electronics around.It worked great for the 4 years I used it.The only problem would be the cover of the cd,it would get a little sticky laying over the winter.A little lubrication and I was good to go for the season.I paid about 350 for that unit,looking around the net now I see many of them for as little as 150.Maybe I'll try the boom box for this season and see how this works out.I can always install one at a later date.I'm going to get enough of a bill to install the GPS,Fishfinder and VHF.
The biggest compromise with the new parker is no live-well.I fish alot for fluke and enjoy lively minnows.I also use peanut bunker for weakies in the fall.I saw alot of bait keepers in Florida a couple weeks ago while I was down there,alot better selection than I've seen around here.

Back