outrigger location?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Reaction score
I bought the Lee Jr wishbone rigger bases. What do you think about installing the base flat on the gunnal?

I have tried to research the topic thoroughly and when I held them in place the bottom base looks perfect flat.

Here is a photo.

I need rigger poles if anyone knows of some for sale. Looking for 16 to 19 foot west coast fiberglass with 2" bases.

Anyone with a 2320 recommend length????

Thanks

Attachments

• Rigger1.jpg
    Rigger1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,287
other than what bryan said, my only other issue would be with the fact that i fish barefoot, and that looks like a terrible potential for toe stubbage. i like to try to keep my walkways clear of obstructions. dont know if shoes are mandatory on your rig or not. as far as the riggers go, i would highly suggest buying new. especially if theyre collapsible, those things can degrade pretty quickly if they arent maintained, lubricated, etc. its probably worth saving yourself the hassle to spend a little extra and buy exactly what you want new.

That is great input. It will miss the rail but your right it might be a toe snubber. Thanks for the input on the poles too. I will keep thinking about it.

Would really love a pair of mounted rigs but cant afford them right now. When I eventually do get them Im going for the telescopic hardtop mount style. I was thinking about Sideriggers for my 2310 for now.Anyone use these? Some good write ups on them. Found some on ebay for $300
http://www.siderigger.com/

I put a set of Lee Jr Wishbones on my boat last summer.
First thing... Remove the logo and striping up to the point where you see it in my photos.

Why? Because if you try to mount the riggers, and not put a bolt hole through the graphic, you will probably mount them at the wrong angle.
You won't be able to see the logo once the Wishbones are mounted anyway, so go ahead and bite the bullet and do that first.

Next... determine if the rigger poles will clear the overhang on your pilothouse top if they are mounted flush.
Mine were too far out, so we fabricated starboard spacers to bring the poles in closer.

Do one side first, then mount the other side to match.
Note: These are hand laid fiberglass boats and the port and starboard sides probably will not be identical, so do not take measurements off one side and transfer them to the other side without checking the angles first.

Trust me, 1/4 of difference at the base translates to a BIG difference 19 feet out!
I have the fiberglass repair to prove it. :roll:

I have 19', bright, extra heavy poles on my Wishbones, so your installation might be a little different.
Once the first side is mounted, measure the other side with the rigger pole inserted in the base, and then go from there.

Hope these photos help.

Attachments

• LeeJr02.jpg
    LeeJr02.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,227
  • LeeJr03.jpg
    LeeJr03.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,227
  • LeeJr04.jpg
    LeeJr04.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,227
  • LeeJr06.jpg
    LeeJr06.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 1,227
Bryan 2530":3l3i7wqh said:
Megabyte uses something like that, maybe not anymore now that he installed outriggers.

Yep. Mine are called "Flatline Booms".
Mine have the 2' extensions and use Scotty clips as releases.

http://www.alltackle.com/flat_line_booms.htm

Here they are in action...

Image-CD89370E472511D9.jpg

Image-CD8969CE472511D9.jpg

Hay Megabyte how long are your riggers and do you have any pix of them diploid? i have 15' gunnel mount work good but I like yours better.

Tyler":3gvj4v5i said:
Hay Megabyte how long are your riggers and do you have any pix of them diploid? i have 15' gunnel mount work good but I like yours better.

Those are 2" diameter, Lee 19', polished, extra heavy poles.
Don't have any photos of them deployed yet.

Might need a buddy boat to shoot some photos for me this spring.
Tough to get a shot from in the boat.

I'm up for the buddy boat thing I go out of sandy point some times in the spring. I'll give you my camera and you can give me yours and let the photo shot begin

Tyler":33ueri9q said:
I'm up for the buddy boat thing I go out of sandy point some times in the spring. I'll give you my camera and you can give me yours and let the photo shot begin

let's do it!

I too use the flatline booms exactly as MEGABYTE with the exception that I use roller troller release clips. Six foot added to each side of a 9'6" beam is enough spread for me.

Roller Trollers are perfect!
I had Scotties on my Flatlines, but put Roller Trollers on my Lee Jr's. 8)

macomber,

I also have the 2310 and currently use 15' TACO outriggers in a gunnel mounts. I fish them off shore and they are OK but it always seems that i am loosing a few feet of fishing area becasue they are not up on the hard top or on the sides. So I just picked up some side mounts and plan to replace the gunnel locations with some other rod holders. I choose the side mounts vs the top due to expense. I will provide photos when complete, but can tell you now i like them better already and have not even installed them yet. I am not going down to the beach house until next week but will take some photos to share when i do.

Walt

Mega...that is fantastic advise and the photos are great help!

Sorry i forgot to post a photo of my update. I moved the outriggers from the gunnel to the sides. I will get a better photo later if anyone is interested. These are not as good as Megabytes but they will do. They were back plated with some big steal backing material and i had a machine shop drill them for quick release pins. I have loaded them with two rod each since i put it in this spring just to test them out. all is good and they are not in my way anywhere near what the other mounts were.

Attachments

• Parker 2310.JPG
    Parker 2310.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 742
I have a 2510 and cant decide what ones to install but some of those pic's helped a lot.

If you can afford the side mount wishbones, do it. they are really nice. I already had the gunnel mount and got the side mounts for nothing so i put them in place. they work and have picked up one white marlin and one sail this year out at the canyons. but the wishbone has a larger spread and gets you more space out between baits. I love the walk around Parkers.

Back