Outrigger storage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Matt

Reaction score
For the past two seasons I've been lugging my 15 foot Rupp outriggers back and forth the 80 miles to Cape Cod. It's been a real pain in the a$$ come tuna time. So my solution was to mount 3 inch PVC to the trailer so I never have to cart them around again. I launched and retreived the boat locally and it does not interfere at all.

I also came up with a solution for me scraping my keel on one certain ramp. I strapped a guard on the trailer and that should take care of that.

Next week I'm installing two 6 inch toe rails and mounting my two tuna gaffs on them.

Attachments

• Parker 005.jpg
    Parker 005.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 370
  • Parker 007.jpg
    Parker 007.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 370
Great idea Matt, I don't have outriggers but would use your idea in a minute if I did. Good Job!

what do you mean by 6" toe rails? I am intrigued b/c my gaffs always get in the way. two 4', two 6' a flier and now a harpoon. There is no real good place for me to put them. Any ideas would be great.

Toe rails were not an option on my 23SE back in 2004. Now they are. I don't use my lower rod holder because they are bacically useless. The reel rubs up against the decking and people are always walking into the rods. So, I'm going to remove the lower one and make my own wide toe rail.

I already have the gaff holders for my 4 foot and my 6 foot gaffs. So my toe rails will be made of seafoam starboard and 6 inches wide to accomodate the hook end of the gaff holders. I will also bevel or round the edges so to lessen the chance of injury and I will mount them directly where the old rod holders were mounted. Out of harms way and easy access.

Back