Outriggers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr feelgood

Reaction score
I am searching around for outriggers to mount on my 2310 w/ hard top. Anyone have any suggestions. I am interesteed in top mounted but all suggestions on brand and mounting position welcome.
Thanks,
Gordon

What are your uses and how do you fish? How long of poles do you want? You can go all out or add them fairly economically. For cheap out riggers look at the taco sport slams that just mount to the top with a backing plate. You have to get to the top of the hard top pull a pin and rotate the outriggers out. For good ones you can have welded to the top structure and be able to deploy from under the top. The ones i am most familiar with are Rupp Top Guns that I had on my Proline2950. They worked well. Poles were 18' and pretty stiff.

I think
Taco, Rupp, and Lee's all make good stuff

I am interested in the outriggers for bay rockfishing and occasional offshore trolling.
I need sturdy and strong mounting brackets on the hard top which is fiberglass with balsa core. I am concerned about that.
I do not have a problem with deploying from the outside.
15-18' poles will be fine.
I do not want to spend a fortune on them either.
Thanks for suggestions.
G

I have the rupp sport slams on my 28 parker pilot and they are awesome. The poles collapse so there is no stress on the top when your underway, they only take a few minutes to extend for use, also the price was great as well as installation was easy. Taco stands behind their product too , I had a problem with one of my sportslams from a previous boat , i was on the phone with the guy for 2 minutes and he said a new one was on the way no questions asked. good luck

Deploying outriggers for stripers (not rockfish) seems a bit of overkill. A much less expensive and intrusive alternative would be to have two rod holders installed on your roof top at 90 degrees to the centerline. I believe this a popular option in North Carolina for Kingfish.

My boat came like that we use them for trolling inshore and even for tuna offshore. My buddy's Regulator has outriggers, and while nice, are a royal pain in the ass if you ever plan to do regular spincasting or flyfishing as they are always in the way.

Just saying that simple is sometimes better.

When I was at the annual Tri-State fishing flea market last Saturday, one of the vendors had a 15' surf rod for sale.
The sign on the rod said "Hillbilly Outrigger". :lol:

Thanks for the feedback. I had a friend bring over a set of 18' poles to check mounting locations etc. It became pretty obvious they aren't for me since I do enjoy light tackle casting. Besides I can generally run 6 lines in the right conditions anyway.
Gordon

Gordon, I'd love to have a set of Lee Jr wishbone outriggers on my boat, but other projects and priorities keep popping up.

When I bought my boat, it came with a set of FlatLine Boom outriggers that I have used successfully for the past 5 seasons. I generally only run 5 lines when trolling, so the FLB's allow me to push those outside lines out a bit giving me a little more room on either side. My FLB's have the 2' extentions installed.

http://www.alltackle.com/flat_line_booms.htm

Image-CD89370E472511D9.jpg

Image-CD8969CE472511D9.jpg

It's an option for you.

dr feelgood":zrtauy8y said:
Thanks for the feedback. I had a friend bring over a set of 18' poles to check mounting locations etc. It became pretty obvious they aren't for me since I do enjoy light tackle casting. Besides I can generally run 6 lines in the right conditions anyway.
Gordon

planer boards :wink: the are not on your boat when not in use

For 6 rods you shouldnt need anything anyhow. i pull 9 lines without planerboards. You just have to vary depth and line length

Good luck

Hey I was on a party boat and the out rigger he had were like little boats hooked to a cable with the hooks for 16 fishing rods. I was over by the bay bridge in the chesapeake bay fishing for strippers :?:

That's what I am talking bout kev :lol:

I pull a 13 line spread with 100' of line out each side (we pulled 140' when skip fished with me :shock: ). I pull 5 lines off of each board

Yes that is what I am talking about :?: :?: I think it would work for any kind of fish :?: dr feelgood said he wanted to fish in the bay for stripper and that is what they use in the bay. Like I said the boat I was on had 16 rods.

Back