• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pair of '89 Yamaha Waverunners - not running - BEST OFFER

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gw204

Reaction score
Have a pair of '89 Yamaha WR500F Waverunners I am looking to unload. I have too many other toys and projects around the house to attend to, so these need to go.

The first (the covered one in the pics) was purchased from a coworker about 2 years ago and I immediately cleaned out the tank, put new filters on the pickups, put in new spark plugs and decarbed it with Ringfree. Compression at the end of last year was 145 and 147 if memory serves. It was running up until June. It took on some water (through the vent in the front) while I was riding it and I didn't know the grate on the hull siphon (or whatever it's called) was clogged, so it didn't empty itself out. I think the stator got wet because it doesn't seem to have spark now. Engine does not appear to have injested any water, turns over freely and I currently have it fogged for storage (arm injury is preventing me from tinkering with it). It could use a new impeller and I had started taking things apart to do the replacement prior to my injury. Cosmetic condition is fair at best. Lots of scratches on the hull and all the decals have been removed. Have title in hand.

The second was given to me by my brother just recently so I know very little about it. I can tell that it sat outside for quite a while and supposedly hasn't been run in several years. Needs lots of TLC. It's very dirty under the hood and the carb actually has what looks to be leaves and acorns in it. I found a dead mouse forward of the tank so the junk in the carb sort of makes sense. The motor looks relatively corrosion free and the plugs looked good when I pulled them for inspection. I don't know if the motor turns or not though...I didn't want to try anything and risk damage without taking the necessary precautions first. I did spray a bunch of SeaFoam into the cylinders though. Pump and impeller look good...better than on the one that was running. The hull itself is probably the better of the two as well. It's missing the seat cushion and ride plate though. Not sure if it could be made to run again. No title. May only be good for parts.

My guess is that someone could at least make one good Waverunner out of the two and have some spare parts left over.

Looking for BEST OFFER for both. Trailers pictured are not included. They're located in St. Leonard, MD and must be picked up there.

IMG_8141.jpg

IMG_8142.jpg

IMG_8143.jpg

IMG_8144.jpg

Again, BEST OFFER.

Back