Panel Rewiring Project Completed

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOtherLine

Reaction score
Well, almost. I need to remove the blue tape I used to help me keep track of my cables and label them properly. Also need to mark the end terminals but the labels wont stick to the starboard.

Took every night for the whole week. Had the boat out and amazingly everything works except for the fishing patterns on the AP. For some reason it will track waypoints but won't recognize the fishing patterns. I think it must be the course computer because if it WERE the nema connections, it wouldn't track waypoint either. Oh well. I'll figure it out eventually.

Very rewarding. I feel better about being able to trace potential problems now. Although the idea of cutting those zip ties and re doing them is not fun :shock:

Attachments

• 04192009 019 (Medium).jpg
    04192009 019 (Medium).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 04192009 010 (Medium).jpg
    04192009 010 (Medium).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 04192009 020 (Medium).jpg
    04192009 020 (Medium).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 04192009 009 (Medium).jpg
    04192009 009 (Medium).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 04192009 022 (Medium).jpg
    04192009 022 (Medium).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 04192009 015 (Medium).jpg
    04192009 015 (Medium).jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 153
Very nice rework...... although it makes me feel ashamed about my wiring mess.......

That look great. 1000% improvment.
The only thing I would suggest is to take a utility knife and cut the ends off close on all the T'y wraps. They will cut or scratch you pretty good if your hands rub up against them.
I am sure that this was a rewarding project.

Tom

Hugs Tug":dak18ac2 said:
That look great. 1000% improvement.
The only thing I would suggest is to take a utility knife and cut the ends off close on all the T'y wraps. They will cut or scratch you pretty good if your hands rub up against them.
I am sure that this was a rewarding project.

Tom

Yeah, I just yesterday experienced that ! You're right. Sharp little boogers.

I am going to have to re tie a few of them so I can get to the painters tape and make proper labels. I will take your advice when I get to that. For now, I am so sick of wiring, I need to give it a rest... :cry:

grouperjim":glrfk2fp said:
you been busy.....looks great! changing out those connectors alone is a task and a half.

Yeah. While I was screwing around with this, I heard you were on the Yellowtail, Gags and other tasty treats.... :cry:

Had to send the AP back to the factory. Couldn't get it to run the fishing patterns. There's only two nema wires, course computer power, pump power. Not sure what happened.

Want to get it running before our 200 mile trip....

Many years ago (in another life) I worked in the electronics industry. The premier cable-tie company then was Panduit.
They had a tensioner and cutoff tool that would tension the cable tie correctly, then cut off the tag end flush in one stroke.

Probably not something you would want now, but having used one in the past... I sure wish I had one in my toolbox today.

http://www.panduit.com/Products/Product ... /index.htm

Back