Parker 1801 - New Fuel Lines

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pescador4ever

Reaction score
Gonna run new fuel lines (main line, fill line, vent line) on Friday in my 1801. I've already got all the hoses, just need to get new hose clamps and some cord to pull with. Seems pretty simple, but this is my first time doing this. I think the biggest thing I am concerned with is fitting the hoses on the fittings. Anybody have any guidance or words of wisdom before I get started? Thank you.

Eric

You may find it easier to use a double end hose barb clamping the fuel lines together to pull the new lines. As for the 1.2" fuel fill hose this is going to be a pain in the rear end. That turn under the deck to the tank is tight and there is no way to help push it along. Make sure you have enough fill hose also as working with a piece that is the exact length from the start makes it harder because you cannot push it.

Put a slice in the old hoses to help relieve the tension on the fittings. Clean off any corrosion and lube the fitting and hose with a little 2-stroke oil. They should slide right on.

When I pulled new hoses in my old Grady CC, I just fastened the new to the old with a piece of scrap starboard and a few drywall screws. Worked perfectly.

Back