Parker 1801 Sonar question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urnhart

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2004 Parker 1801 and got a Garmin 3210 with the bundle. I want to hook up the gsd-22 sonar but I was wandering if I should use a transom mount transducer or a flush mount through hull.
I will be trailering the boat. Does any one have suggestions, I have seen on here the flush mount through hulls on larger boats but not on the 18s. Has anyone used a flush mount on the 18 if so do ou have any pics?
Thanks

Does your 1801 have a deck hatch back near the transom where the bilge pump lives?
If it does, placement of a shoot-through or flush mount through-hull should be simple.
If it does not, a transom mount might be simpler to install.

Here is what the through-hull (Airmar 'tilted element') transducer looks like in my 2520.

Image-DD7D6FE00D5C11DC.jpg

I do have access but I might be leaning towards the shoot through, Sam R do you have any Pics of it instlled on you 18? Also where is the best spot online to fine Airmar transducers?

No pics handy but the tarp is being pulled off this week so I'll snap a few. The ducer is about the size of a can of Progresso Soup but half as tall.

Also what model do you have or suggest? I fish Lake ontario trolling for Salmon and also fishing the cape for stripers, blues, bonito etc both fly fishing and some trolling.

Back