Parker 2000 21se and Thru Hull Transducer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Chet

Reaction score
Has anyone added a Thru Hull Transducer to a 21se?
With our anticipated upgrade to new MFD's and a fuel tank replacement we are considering adding a Thru Hull Transducer (or 2) which would be towards the rear of the leaning post and live well with a sealed deck access while the tank is out. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance guys!

Do it. You may eventually add structure scan and want the transducers to be close together, so cut your hole to the rear and to the side of any strakes and hull penetrations on the starboard side. You will need a tilted element trànsducer, the correct size hole saw and transducer nut wrench, along with a tube of fast cure 4200/5200. It would be 5200 for me for sure. Some people go nuts about 5200. 5200 doesn't MAKE it permanent, but it is meant for permanent applications. They use 4200 in the video.

Last edited:
Do it. You may eventually add structure scan and want the transducers to be close together, so cut your hole to the rear and to the side of any strakes and hull penetrations on the starboard side. You will need a tilted element trànsducer, the correct size hole saw and transducer nut wrench, along with a tube of fast cure 4200/5200. It would be 5200 for me for sure. Some people go nuts about 5200. 5200 doesn't MAKE it permanent, but it is meant for permanent applications. They use 4200 in the video.

Thanks very much! Great Info! Actually part two of the plan is to have a second MFD which may be a different brand installed in the dash. Guess I'm only concerned about interference between the two different transducers but my guy says no. Thanks again.

They WILL interfere......IF They are shooting the same Freq. If they are on different Freq's. No problem.

But I don't understand your install...You make it sound like after tank goes back in, you will have zero access?

Tilted Element X-Ducers are fairly easy to install. 6-8in to outboard of Keel and 12 -24in in front of transom is a good spot.

Oh....and buy the Mix and Match....

Oops! Good call. I forgot to mention we are adding an access hatch (water tight) to the area above where the Thru Hull will be located.
Will be adding a transducer on the stern for Down/Side scan.

Thanks again for the info!

Are you adding an additional hatch, beyond the standard pie-plates for sending unit and hose connections? The hatch you have now should provide access to the area where a through hull transducer would be installed. The fewer holes the better. My deck hatch sure isn't watertight, but it just drips into the bilge.

Latest posts

Back