Parker 23 dv

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ended up buying a new prop
Had a 15.25 x 17saltwater series II
Talked to several prop shops
Bought a power tech 15.25 x16 ofs 4 blade from Bruce at frank and jimmys in Miami
Made all the difference - have a new boat can plane at 14 kts - got rid of the porpoise issue
Faster on plane

Great news. Glad to hear that a 4-blade PT prop is working for you.

For future reference, I tried a Rev4 17" on my Parker 23DVCC. It was the worst performance of any of the 5 or 6 different props I tested. It felt like the boat was "hunting" to find a decent cruise speed until I reached 5,000 rpm.

I settled on the Mercury Enertia ECO 18". That is the perfect setup on my application.

Attachments

• Parker Performance - Enertia ECO.pdf
    111.5 KB · Views: 9
I had the opposite experience with the Rev-4 17P on my 23DVCC. Improved hole shot and reduced porpoising. The biggest improvement was the lighter weight F300 (replaced F225). Eliminated any porpoising with no tabs required on flat water. Still using the same Rev 4 prop.
While running the F225, the addition of larger tabs, Rev 4, moving group 31 batteries to console and loading forward all combined to minimize the original bow light issue.
Both motors mounted on Armstrong bracket using hole #3, good performance with 225, GREAT performance with 300 and fuel numbers are virtually identical.

Back