Parker 2310 walkaround or Grady White 23 gulf stream

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Kaul

Reaction score
HI guy's I'm in the process of buying the 2310 parker walkaround or the grady white's 23 gulf stream walkaround. I fish lake Michigan for salmon and were aloud 3 rods per person. I usually run 8 to 10 rods while fishing for king salmon, was wandering if you can store that many rods in the parker because the grady I can. also can anyone tell me how the ride is in the 2310 parker, because lake MI. can get real nasty with 4 to 8 footers in no time. I really like the looks of the Parker vs the Grady but that gulf stream is a wider boat 9'3 which i will need a permit to pull it. any in put's will be appreciated Thanks.

I believe the 2310 is a DV (21 deg. deadrise) with an 8'6" beam. That may ride better than the Grady with a wider beam. It depends on the deadrise of the Grady. As far as rod storage, which model is more adaptable to adding internal rod holders? I don't believe either one comes with rod holders in the cabin. There are a bunch of threads here with pics of how Parker owners have added rod storage to their 10 and 20 model Parkers. Can the Grady site match that?

BTW, you should not store the rods on board when away from the boat. Boats (of all manufacturers) are easy to break into, and the cabins are oft the target of thieves looking for fishing gear and electronics.

Dave

aka

Last year I was looking at the Grady Gulfstream vs. the Parker 2510. I think that is a better comparison. Both have a 9'6" beam. I went with the Parker. What I liked about the Parker was the additional room in the cockpit. The extra two feet on the Parker make a huge difference in the available space. The Grady has a step-down from the helm into the cockpit, which I didn't like. The Grady has a recessed walkway which makes the cabin smaller. I did like the cabin layout of the Grady better than the Parker. The windshield on the Parker is higher so when running the boat you aren't always looking at the top frame of the windshield, as you are on the Grady.And of course the cost of the Parker was around $10K less than a similarly outfitted Grady.

A friend of mine bought the 2006 Gulfstream and we frequently are on each other's boat fishing. He has remarked on the additional space in the Parker cockpit and the smooth ride of the Parker in chop.

I would recommend you get out in each boat for a sea trial.

Unfair comparison. Im not sure what a 2310 costs but a Grady 232 is 100K boat. A 228 might be a better comparison.

Back