Parker 2310 wood bulkhead/stringers exposed?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_tuna

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently purchased a 2005 parker 2310 which came with a fish box modification. Very nice upgrade, I noticed one thing though, the drain pipe is routed through the front bulkhead and a circle was cut, but it does not appear to be sealed properly. Is there plywood now exposed? Should this sealed properly? The photo isn't the best but you can see exposed fiberglass/wood on the inside of the circle. The front bilge is not typically a wet area, but still!

Attachments

• IMG_20200824_202024936.jpg
    IMG_20200824_202024936.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 79
Was at Parker plant couple
Days ago , asked same question about holes cut thru bulkheads / other wood , and the wood is sealed With clear resin and 5200 style marine caulk

I have the same upgrade. Mine was done with a mushroom thru hull with the backside screw down inside that front bilge area. Probably not critical, but if you could, I'd re do that for a better seal and use plenty of 5200. My front bilge area is never completely dry. Water gets in there from the anchor line storage so I don't know, I'd fix that just so its perfectly sealed and no water gets in there.

Attachments

• 20201106_094010.jpg
    20201106_094010.jpg
    920.9 KB · Views: 23
Was at Parker plant couple
Days ago , asked same question about holes cut thru bulkheads / other wood , and the wood is sealed With clear resin and 5200 style marine caulk
I am planning to add some rod/cup holders to my 2300 center. Can you recommend a specific clear resin product for sealing the wood prior to holder install? Many thanks

Back