parker 2520 dv and xld

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacificpunisher

Reaction score
What is the difference? Did they just change the model name from dv to xld ? Are the hulls the same weight? Any info I could get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I may be mistaken but the xld is the extended cabin, the dv is the twin engine sister but standard cabin...

The 2520 XL has 16-degree V, or modified V. The 2520 XLD is the 21-degree deadrise or deep V. The 2530 is the extended cabin which are all deep V hulls.

The hulls for the DV and XLD are the same 21 degree deadrise bottoms.

The DV has a shorter cabin with seating only for a pilot and passenger. The XLD's longer cabin includes two inward facing jump seats behind the pilot chairs for seating for four.

The DV was available as either a notch transom or bracketed while the XLD has always been bracketed only.

Weight is also heavier for the XLD at 5800lbs dry vs. the DV at 4500lbs dry.

Hope this helps.

Moklodge thank you very much for the info. Its just what i needed to hear. Being that the weight of the dv is adout 4500 lbs does anyone have any fuel burn and performance # with a single 300hp 4 stroke on a 2520dv ? Thanks again

Check the Parker Sport Cabin models on the website. XL, and XLD have nothing to do with an extended cabin. The difference is in the hull deadrise angle. the 2530 is the extended cabin and has a deep-vee hull.

The cabin on the XL/XLD is longer than that of the DV. The XL and XLD share the same "X"tra long cabin that offers additional seating bringing the total seating to four people vs. two on the DV. The EC (Extended Cabin) is another model entirely and is not being discussed here.

Sorry. To clarify, the EC is not a model being discussed by the OP.

I believe (SL DV = standard length cabin) dv and xld has the exact same hull.... xl stands for extra long cabin.. (2530 is not 2520 hence the different model #) 2520 xld has a larger cabin which has 2 captains seats and 2 jump seats behind the captains chairs... larger cabin = heavier weight. Don't know exactly when they stopped making the sl model but now I believe now they only make xl models...

The DV model predated the XL/XLD and SL/SLD series models. The DV became the SLD a couple years after the XL series was introduced when the seating was reconfigured, adding a portside bench seat for up to three people.

DV - 21 degree deadrise and seating for 2 in cabin. Notch or bracket.
SLD - 21 degree deadrise and portside bench in cabin for more seating. Notch only.
XLD - 21 degree deadrise and inward facing rear jump seats. Bracket only.

There are other finish and feature differences but they are fairly minor other than the XLD having a solid bulkhead with door separating the helm from the berth area and a shallower step down into the cabin from the cockpit due to the taller XL cabin.

It is probably in the archives but tough to find using key words

Maybe try Google site Search

Here is syntax
Site:classicparker.com then type keywords like DV , change XL to Xld

Or go to each forum and look the Subject in each posting. It is take some time and be sure to bookmark items

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back