Parker 2530 Extended Cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill603

Reaction score
I am currently in the process of ordering a 2015 2530 extended cabin. I would appreciate any information available about this boat as well as any suggestions for options. I am also trying to incorporate a live well and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

See if the factory will let you order the boat with larger trim tabs. If not then consider if they will let you order it without tabs and then have your dealer install them. Trust me, this will save you from wishing you did later. What engine set up are you considering? Single or twins? If you want twins, you need to pay attention to how you set the boat up. I'll let others comment on that part. Good luck.

I am looking at the twin Yamaha 200's with mechanical shift.

It seems that a lot of people will agree that single leaves open options especially with the trim tabs. I would stress on a 300 single outboard and keep the weight of the back. U will be able to put bigger tabs and have a better ride

The 2530's are DV with 21 degree dead rise. I think that you can still go with larger tabs with twins but I will again defer to others here as to what size as I don't have a 25. If you are going to go with twins the inline 4 200's are 489lbs. The Offshore new 4.2's 225's & 250's are 562 lbs. Just something to keep in mind. I've heard people say good things about the shift by wire or whatever the non mechanical system is called.

kidfreediver":2sijsjr8 said:
It seems that a lot of people will agree that single leaves open options especially with the trim tabs. I would stress on a 300 single outboard and keep the weight of the back. U will be able to put bigger tabs and have a better ride

I wonder if you could order the single 350 also? It's still 218 lbs lighter than twin 200's.

I put the 12x18 on mine (have them upgrade them and get the indicators) and it made a big difference.
I have twin 150s and am looking to repower with 200s (Probably Zuks though) as the 150s are a bit underpowered when loaded down in my opinion so thats a good call there.
Bought mine new in 07 and it has been a great boat. Still solid as a rock.
Good luck and I am sure you will love it.

Something else to help with stern lift and controll to consider would be to add Permatrims to the twins. Also, make sure that they mount the motors not too deep.

As u can tell with the replies one of the biggest concern have been the manufactured trim tab 12x12. The other concern with the twins is that there a$$ heavy and in terms very hard to plane out or more so porposing. Although Im not running a deep vee but have a 2530 mv with a single 250 etec I'm still 1200 lbs lighter then that hull and especially lighter if twins is your desire. There has been alot discussion on this topic. Fan favorite to leave options open would be to have the single 300. I'm doing 40 mph with the 250 etec with custom 12x20 trim tabs. 300 will have plenty of power. Many that have single outboards are allowed to go up to 30x9 trim tabs which give u the utimate control of ur hull although I think that's over doing where 24x9 are a good medium. With twins 12x18 are the biggest u can get cuz it start to infringed on the lower units draft so to speak. Hope all is well with the information provided and totally jealous of the new purchase. Love to see pics

Thank you for all the information. I will speak with the dealer about the trim tabs.

I spoke with the dealer who contacted Parker. He was advised that they are now using larger trim tabs as standard. The dealer advised that he believes they are 12 x 20.

Thanks again for all the information

The bigger tabs should be great! I guess they have been listening. In case you are interested. Attached pics of a Permatrim. I still think they would be a good addition to the set up. Good luck with yours. I'm sure you will love it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 616
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 616
After Yamaha screwed several thousand boat owners by not fixing engines built with non marine components that subsequently rotted out and prematurely ruined engines, I would be reluctant to purchase anything engines or otherwise made by that company.

If you plan to have a windlass, order the boat without one. Parker puts the windlass on the rear of the bow pulpit which is less than optimal as it does not drop the line over the deepest part of the anchor locker........not even close. Get a 22# Delta w/ 25 ft of chain and don't skimp on the swivel.

As said, "no" tabs are better than the 12x12s. If they are bigger now then fine. If not, then order without them and install later.

Get your livewell and some shade for the back from a local fabricator.

I wouldn't buy Yamaha either. I know too many people with the exhaust issue (and other problems) who got screwed by that company.

If you will be fishing her, consider cockpit combing pads. Your knees will thank you for it.

Based on their dedication to customer service, efforts to stand by their products and history of issuing recalls to protect customers from potential dangers related to their products, I would also advise against purchasing anything Yamaha. :(

Back