Parker 2900CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to have more storage but I am not a fan of the forward seating.
I’m curious to see the new 26 and 29 in person.

I spent a long time talking with the Parker rep at the VA Beach boat show. Got some answers to some questions that had been bugging me previously.

Long story short, and it may surprise many of the die-hard Parker fans (myself included) but the garbage piles that are the 22 and 24 were actually the last two hulls that Linwood Parker designed before selling the business and retiring. Maybe the fit and finish didn’t turn out to be quite what he wanted them to be, based on the example I saw in ‘22, but they were his base design. I guess maybe he saw the “Priceline princess” writing on the wall?

Regardless, I actually have great hope for the 26 and 29 hulls. They are a totally new hull design, not just revamps of the 25 and 28 that we’re used to. That being said, they share the same 21-22 degree deadrise of their predecessors, but with a computer designed, precision cut composite stringer system. Maybe I’m selling out, but talking to the rep I’m intrigued by what they can do with a computer engineered hull and stringer network vice the old fashioned, hand built/measured/laid out way of doing business.

One thing I asked about, repeatedly, and was reassured about was that the bulletproof hand-laid hull glass that we’re all used to is not changing. The molds are computer designed, but the layup itself is just as robust as always. The stringers will be a composite setup rather than a wooden one… increasingly I feel like that’s not a bad thing, if well done. That was pointed out as the reason why they could design in cockpit sole fishboxes- the stringers could be laid out to allow it. Other things were teased at… possibility of a Seakeeper on the 29 design? Lots of things are possible.

I also got this gentleman’s word- he said that he could jump up and down on the deck hatches of the 26CC and they felt as solid as the deck. I’ve met many a salesman at a boat show, but this guy (from Parker, not the dealer, and who spent over an hour answering my probably pretty rude brand-related questions) seemed like he really meant what he said. I guess time will ultimately tell.

I’m a pretty cynical person by nature, and I spent most of that boat show poking my head into other boats’ rigging compartments with a flashlight and shaking my head (don’t get me started on Grady White! 😳). But overall, I was encouraged by what I was told about the direction that Parker is headed in. It may not be exactly what we’re all used to, but I think that of all the boat manufactures out there, Parker is at least pointed towards success. I’ll be interested to see if they end up getting there.

…In the meantime, my ‘95 2530 is the best boat they’ve ever made, and I’ll internet fight anyone that says otherwise 😂

Good stuff!

I think the new 29 and 26 are a nice evolution that retain classic Parker soul ( as opposed to the 24- which is a nice little boat- but does not look or feel like anything Parker). ( Interesting that those smaller models were from derived from Linwoods' vision @pelagic2530)

I'm sure the new features appeal to a broader market- but I think there are a lot of folks (like me) who love their boats BECAUSE of the simplicity.

The new 29 specifically looks like it has a magnificent new leaning post arrangement, and a seat in front of the console that I wouldn't mind on my 2801- but everything else ( like the in floor fish boxes) I'd prefer NOT to have. ( especially since I can carry 40 more gallons of fuel with more space below deck).

Either way- I completely agree that those two efforts are a great step forward for the brand. =)

Back