Parker Boat used by NUMA; Clive Cussler's organization.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey All, I posted this, just because I thought it was interesting. Clive Cussler (RIP) was an author and adventurer who spent much of his life (and money) hunting for famous ship wrecks. It was nice to see they show their Parker on the Home Page of the NUMA agency site, and especially nice knowing they chose the Parker to conduct their research.

National Underwater and Marine Agency | Founded by Clive Cussler (numa.net)

1625848557014.png

Clive Cussler used to have a testimonial on the Parker website (right after mine!) I don't know what happened to those owner testimonials with the new Parker site.

Cap'n Dan

And it even has the NUMA turquoise on the roof. Or that may just be some type of board.
I've read a lot of Clive Cussler books, and neat to actually see a NUMA boat.

And it even has the NUMA turquoise on the roof. Or that may just be some type of board.
I've read a lot of Clive Cussler books, and neat to actually see a NUMA boat.
Hi Angie, I'm in the middle of reading his book, The Sea Hunters. It's supposedly his only non-fiction book; so far it's a good one!... The turquoise roof is likely a custom-made sun-cover/storage/bimini, with a Sunbrella canvas covering... It's the first time I've seen one like it!

Last edited:
Hi Angie, I'm in the middle of reading his book, The Sea Hunters. It's supposedly his only non-fiction book; so far it's a good one!... The turquoise roof is likely a custom-made sun-cover/storage/bimini, with a Sunbrella canvas covering... It's the first time I've seen one like it!

He’s also got Sea Hunters II I believe. He accomplished some pretty impressive finds, even aside from the HUNLEY expedition which has been somewhat contested by other wreck hunters.

Parkers show up as workboats in a few of his other fictional books as well. Overall, his stuff is a fun read for your typical paperback novels. I couldn’t get enough of them growing up and still like them today.

He’s also got Sea Hunters II I believe. He accomplished some pretty impressive finds, even aside from the HUNLEY expedition which has been somewhat contested by other wreck hunters.

Parkers show up as workboats in a few of his other fictional books as well. Overall, his stuff is a fun read for your typical paperback novels. I couldn’t get enough of them growing up and still like them today.
Thank you! I'll look for Sea Hunters II. I'm always in the middle of reading some book; always boating-related. Can't help it, I just love boats. (especially Parkers!)...

I was always a big Clive Cussler fan read most of his books thanks for posting that picture that’s pretty cool

Back