Parker Cleaning product questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexm225

Reaction score
Alright in October the family pulled the trigger on a 2014 2820 XLD. its in very good condition and i intent on keeping it that way. but i wanted to find out from other parker owners what you guys use to clean your boats. my biggest fear is messing up any gelcoat. currently when im done fishing ill use the starbrite deck cleaner with PTEF and ill use that to clean the whole topside of the boat including the side of the pilot house. Besides startbrite i use orpine when im going to use the boat again the next day. id like to hear what products you guys use for what. if I was really reckless id get a spot zero but i cant justify a 3k purchase just for the boat to be spotless.

I have a 2015 1801. My deck is painted nonskid. It collects more dirt than a 7 year old boy on a dirt playground. The only way I've been able to get it clean is Soft Scrub with bleach. Squirt it on, spread with a deck brush, let it sit, then scrub with a stiff deck brush. Rinse and (usually) repeat.

Alright in October the family pulled the trigger on a 2014 2820 XLD. its in very good condition and i intent on keeping it that way. but i wanted to find out from other parker owners what you guys use to clean your boats. my biggest fear is messing up any gelcoat. currently when im done fishing ill use the starbrite deck cleaner with PTEF and ill use that to clean the whole topside of the boat including the side of the pilot house. Besides startbrite i use orpine when im going to use the boat again the next day. id like to hear what products you guys use for what. if I was really reckless id get a spot zero but i cant justify a 3k purchase just for the boat to be spotless.
This product below is not necessary to clean the entire boat/hull BUT for any stubborn stains on the hull, water line, rust etc etc, this product is outstanding. I have used it extensively on my cream colored hull and haven’t noticed it do anything negative except for cleaning what needed to be cleaned but you might wanna test it on an inconspicuous spot on your hull just to make sure you’re happy with it. You will want to wear work clothes & shoes that you don’t care about when you use it , it will fade clothing & shoes.IMG_1138.jpeg

This product below is not necessary to clean the entire boat/hull BUT for any stubborn stains on the hull, water line, rust etc etc, this product is outstanding. I have used it extensively on my cream colored hull and haven’t noticed it do anything negative except for cleaning what needed to be cleaned but you might wanna test it on an inconspicuous spot on your hull just to make sure you’re happy with it. You will want to wear work clothes & shoes that you don’t care about when you use it , it will fade clothing & shoes.View attachment 38927
You do want to watch what you use this stuff on, as it (as well as comparable products like StarBrite hull cleaner, etc.) will take off any wax coating that is on the hull as well, which can lead to more/faster scum buildup since there's no protective layer. This is great to use at the end of the season after haulout to get rid of waterline stains or any rust buildup, with the understanding that you're going to reapply a new coat of wax prior to launching for the following season.

Other than that, there's really not much need for more than a standard boat soap and a soft/medium brush, again provided that you're keeping up on waxing the non-nonskid surfaces. The deck can be a bit trickier as you don't want a waxed, slippery surface; people have had good luck with diluted bleach solutions, barkeeper's friend, and lots of other good products. For fish blood, squid ink stains, etc., your best bet is to use the washdown or simply a bucket and rag to clean off the cockpit and covering boards before it dries, therefore avoiding having to use harsh chemicals or excessive scrubbing at the end of the day.

Personally, my latest trick has been to buy and use a Dewalt cordless pressure cleaner that hooks up to a garden hose and runs off my 20V battery system that I already have. Won't strip wax like a power washer, but has the pressure to blast away any tough stains or dirt buildup. I don't think I've touched my scrub brush since! 😁

Last edited:
Ditto on using hull cleaner at the right time.

Ditto on Orpine boat soap.

Non-Skid, I use Woody Wax. At the start of the season before waxing the rest of the boat. Clean non-skid with the same Orpine boat soap/wax.

Last edited:
Back