Parker Customer Support

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Burns

Reaction score
What is wrong with Parker Customer Support. On two previous occasions I have contacted them by phone (leaving messages), and by e- mail. Both times I never received an answer. I either solved my problem myself or used this forum.

This week I contacted Parker for a simple switch problem. I had a rocker switch on my control panel that broke internally. First thing I did was send Parker an e-mail Saturdy asking where I could purchase the switch. No answer to date.

Yesterday I called Parker and lo and behold a very pleasant young lady answered the phone. I explained my problem and she replied that I had to order parts through my dealer.
I explained the dealer from which I purchased my 2120SC in 2013, is no longer a Parker dealer.

After asking where I lived she gave me the names of two dealers, hundreds of miles away and said that I could order the parts from them.

I then said that seemed very inconvenient and asked if she could just find out who the switch manufacturer was. She said she would get back to me. I'm still waiting.

No customer support at all!

Love the boat, very disappointed with the company!

I have had the opposite experience from Parker with quick replies from Robin, the engineer and James.

Is it made by Carling?

Check their catalog
http://www.carlingtech.com/sites/defaul ... -10-11.pdf

www.carlingtech.com or email them on their web page contact page

Ii is tough to help further since they have 100's of switch combinations

and or contact Cecil Marine. They have some parts online and if not posted just contact them

A pic would help too

Thank you for your input. Clearly I do not understand why they refuse to answer me. It is not because I have ever given then a problem.

Other than the young lady I spoke to the other day, all of my e-mails and phone messages have never been replied to.

Thank you for your help. I looked at the Carling website and those are the switches

Don't have any idea why Parker couldn't supply that info.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 567
I'm just going to talk about the switches. :)

Where the Black rocker is in your pix..... That is removable and can be changed to another switch.....or you can change that part to
what ever pix you want on it.

After asking where I lived she gave me the names of two dealers, hundreds of miles away and said that I could order the parts from them.

That is pretty much SOP "standard operating procedure" for all manufactures.

YUP! 100% agreed. And I'll tell you the kicker: they expect consumers to get their information and answers from the dealer they bought their Parkers through....
Hate to say it, these dealerships don't know diddle doo doo about Parkers (or many of the boat manufacturers they sell)...

I actually emailed Central marine this week about a Parker question because I had not heard back from Parker Marine. The answer I got from the DEALERSHIP where I bought my last Parker new was "that would be a good question for the manufacturer..." yeah, no shXX, shirlock.

I have two friends at my own marina that after owning a Parker and the HORRIBLE customer service, vowed never to buy a Parker again: One just bought an Everglades 295, the other buddy bought a Steigercraft 26... BECAUSE OF PARKERS LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE ( I hope Parker reads this thread)... Or this one I started 5 weeks ago:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16743

Great boats, HORRIBLE customer service...sorry to beat a dead horse...but it's just wrong how Parker customers are treated ( I personally feel like I'm not worth their time or effort).

Fortunetly, this forum always provides the answers I need. There are some VERY talented craftsman here. You've all ready received a reply to this thread from one above this reply ^^^

Manufacturers build and sell boats for their dealer network, who then sell them to you, much like the auto makers do.
Would you call or email GM for a replacement switch? No. You would go to a dealer.

While the manufacturer can answer some questions, it is the dealer network that carries the parts in stock, or who can get them for you.
It is how dealers stay in business.

This forum is also a good place for information, and sometimes a source of supply for online parts.
It is why CP was created. :)

I agree and add to check Hull Truth, Continuous Wave, other forums for Parker info.

Andy from SIM Yamaha had a HT forum which moved away to another location for Yamaha parts and info
Sorry I dont have the link and I order parts once a year and ask him my questions before placing orders but I learned a lot from his HT forum. He is a great guy and can always call him too.

On the SIM Yamaha web page, there are several excellent repair tutorials online for free.

I still feel Classic Parker is the best place for questions, info and sharing information and projects.
Lots of talented folks who shared their expertise and photos! Kudos to Dale for starting CP and I miss his posts!

I respectfully disagree with the car/ truck dealership analogy. Boats and the boating industry has very little paralleled symmetry to the automobile industry. I can get Willy Nagler (yellowfin boats owner) on the phone in 5 minutes any day. Same for Wil Leslie (beavertail boats owners), same for Andy from Andros, Bill Shaeffer (Shaeffer boats)... My point is you can buy TWO Parkers for the cost of one of these mentioned boats... very highend boats... and these owners are CUSTOMER SERVICE oriented.

Furthermore, My local Ford dealership knows their products. I have a question about my f150, they have the answer (or can get the answer in minutes to hours). These dealerships have been educated, trained and vetted before they even open their doors. So, there is no NEED to go to Ford manufacturer for answers.

My point is a company is selling a product through a network of dealerships. The custom service loop is open and void. Either TRAIN the distributers (dealerships) and TEACH them how to answer customer questions or open up communication to the manufacturer for customer inquiries.
Sorry to sound harsh, Parker builds an excellent product, but I concur they STINK at customer service (and they know it...per my conversations with the powers that be...at Parker).

Call Dare Marina in Yorktown VA. They are my dealer and they are first rate. They also love Parker boats! Ask for Mike Hanna, the owner, (757) 898-3000. If he's not there talk to Dave at the parts counter. They can answer your questions and order/ship you the correct part.

Thank you everyone for your inputs.

I am just annoyed that after spending well over $50 grand for a boat Parker won't even give me the time of day.

As for using another switch, I am aware of that but mine are all assigned.

Temporarily with the switch sticking out of the panel as shown in the picture as long as I don't turn it off, my GPS, fish finder and VHF radio are powered. I also have a small jumper with which I can jump the terminals if necessary.

I will call the dealer in Virginia tomorrow to order the switch as suggested.

Thank you again and I agree with all of you, this web site is the best!

John

Yep I would be annoyed too and hopefully your Q has been answered and Parker will reply soon. Maybe everyone is busy or I thought they shut down for a week in summer. They have increased their Brand at boat shows and have a new boat model , maybe other items. I am thankful they survived the 2008 market downturn and still being run by the Parker family. m2cw

In fact I've got a spare Carlisle switch I can mail you- the front "cover" comes off your switch- just apply it to the new Carlisle switch and call it a day. PM me your address and I'll drop it to the post office for you

In answer to Brent's question"How do I know which switch is broken?"

When I turn off the switch and then turn it on again, the on light doesn't go on, and there is no power to the accessories. If I leave the switch in the on position, eventually the vibration of the boat activates the internal contacts in the switch and the light goes on and the accessories are powered.

My experience with Parker has been just the opposite. In today's world it's pretty amazing that I can email an engineer from a boat manufacturer directly (Eric) and get a very detailed and thorough response within 24 - 48 hours. He has been very consistent since I purchased my first Parker in 2008.

Cheers

Back