Parker Employee

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker Eng.

Reaction score
Hello fellow Parker lovers,

As the title states I am an employee at Parker Boats of Beaufort, North Carolina. I was hired on as a design engineer in December 2015 so I am still fairly new to it as well but I can already tell you it is an amazing place to work. Linwood Parker (the owner and founder) is a incredible man, he is there in the plant everyday working hard. His personal dedication to quality and consistency are the reasons for the company's success.
In my position I do have access to a wealth of information that could be very helpful to this community. But I am also here to learn as well considering many of y'all probably have more hands on experience than I do! I look forward to getting to know everybody!

Drew Thomas
Parker Boats

Welcome Sir, any info you can provide is appreciated. Pictures greatly appreciated.

Ps, you guys are building the 2520 open back I ordered from Tri-state, take good care of it. :mrgreen:

Know what would be really cool? a chronical thread with pictures following the build of a boat from start to finish. What a great advertisement for Parker.

I know where you can find a good candidate. :mrgreen:

Welcome aboard Drew! 8)

Two things of note:

1.) To get a sense of how the folks here use, care for, and personalize their boats, take some time and read the contributions in the Projects section.
There are a number of true ClassicParkers represented here going back to the 80's, and the Projects section is a good place to see how well they have aged.

2.) Once you are caught up on the past, to keep abreast of the present, use the "View new posts" tool located at the link in the upper right of the forum page.
That tool will allow you to see the latest postings without having to visit each forum area when you log in.

Thanks for joining!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 9.16.17.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 9.16.17.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 697
Welcome aboard Drew. I am a marine surveyor in Virginia and own an 1801 named Traveler. She is one year old this month. I knew Eric before I became an owner. Hope to meet you the next time an assignment takes me to Beaufort.

Welcome aboard Drew

My 2320 is a great boat, and this site is a wealth of info.
I look forward to learning more about what's going on at Parker.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I plan on taking your advice megabyte and exploring around a little bit before jumping in completely. I think the idea for a chronicle of a boat start to finish is a great idea, thanks johnkn(Ill be sure to keep an eye on that 2520 for ya). I'll have to clear that with the higher ups so stay tuned.

Parker Eng.":3uvtevwk said:
I think the idea for a chronicle of a boat start to finish is a great idea, thanks johnkn(Ill be sure to keep an eye on that 2520 for ya). I'll have to clear that with the higher ups so stay tuned.

That would really showcase Parker's high quality materials, attention to detail, and superior craftsmanship.

Drew sent you a PM. I have a question concerning the spring clips used on the window screens 2007 21' SC. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and welcome.

Welcome, Drew!
I just sold my 2120 that I bought new in 2012. In "dialogue" with a broker on a 2820 currently. I would encourage others to post their questions openly on this thread so others could gain from the answers as well!
This is an amazing forum for Parker enthusiasts!

Thats awesome sydngoose! That 2820 is amazing boat! If you liked your 2120 you will probably end up living on a 2820, it is the biggest boat we are currently producing. There has been renewed of interest in the 3420 lately, I think we may build a few. The difficulty now lies with manpower, we lost of good boat builders during the recession and it takes some time to ramp things back up. If you know anybody you think may be qualified, living in eastern North Carolina send them our way!

8)

I have 1 minor suggestion for design improvement. If you PM me I'll share the details.

Welcome aboard.

I'm new to the Parker family as well and loving my new Parker.

Great to have a guy like you on Classic Parker. Marty D

Drew, Hello. It was suggested that I post these questions to you as I can not get any communication from Parker Marine in Beaufort, NC. Please understand, I love your hulls. Respectfully, communication is very challenging at best with your company. So, can you answer these for me?

I have owned a Parker 2120. I bought the 2120 new from Central Marine in St. Pete, Florida in 2012. I just sold that boat as we outgrew it as a family. I typically fish between 25-60 miles offshore.
I have been looking at 2820's with the intent to purchase one. I have surveyed 2, and they have both failed. However, I am about to fly from Jacksonville, Fl to a domestic location in 3 days to survey a 2830. I love all the accommodations, the size, the luxuries, but I have some concerns. It is a 2002 model 2830 with 2002 Yamaha F225 twins with 1200 hours on them.

Here are my questions: The owner states that the 70 gallon main fuel cell was replaced 2 years ago, but the (2) 105 Gallon saddle tanks are original and are fine with no leaks or concerns.

1.)IF those two tanks need replacing, do they extend forward of the cockpit beneath the pilothouse? In other words, if I need to replace the two saddle tanks (105 gallons each)… will the pilothouse have to come off or can the tanks be replaced by cutting the deck on the cockpit only? Also, does a 70 gallon main tank and (2) 105 gallon saddle tanks so right for this year and hull model?
Also, is there any warranty/ recall on this model for the fuel tanks? My best friend and fishing partner had his (2) fuel cells replaced by parker in his 2801. They replaced them due to some warranty/ recall explanation.

2.) What year did Parker start to sell the 2830 (extended cabin in the 28 foot pilothouse model)? How many of the initial 2830's were produced? I know you discontinued them, what year did you RE-start production?

3.) What is the difference in cockpit length from the 2820 to the 2830? Obviously with the extended cabin, the cockpit will sacrifice some square footage, but how much?

4.) Finally, and probably most importantly, with this hull being the 2830 accommodations include dinette, galley, refrigerator, stove, tons of storage, twin yamaha four stroke 2002 model f225's, what numbers should I expect realistically for fuel burn at cruise? What speed at cruise? and what wide open throttle should I expect? (not really caring about WOT, but would like to have complete and accurate expectations going into this survey). Some reports are from 1.3-1.9 mpg
Fuel economy is very important to me.

Thank you for your time.
Aaron

Back