• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parker For Cheap!!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are the older walkarounds so cheap ? I saw one in Florida for 10k a while ago they seem like great boats any idea ? Repower for 13k and you got a nice set up for under 25k

I'm not sure about this one ,but the older ones similar to this one , you had to mix the oil manually ...I'm not sure how easy it is the drain all the fuel from this model if you wanted to use the fuel tank for gasoline only ...
With the CRAP ethanol that we are using here in the N.E. , your fuel doesn't last as long ... I would want to syphon the fuel and use it in my car at the end of the boating season if there was much left in there ....I did that with my last boat and got a couple of full tanks for my car, not to mention a nicely drained tank ready for fresh fuel when the season starts back up again ... Oil already mixed in the fuel prevents you from doing just that , and the fuel would be bad for sure by Spring of the following year ....Just my take on it ...They are also modified V's which ride a bit harder in the chop ....Good on a drift , but tough going in a tight chop ...Again , just my guess ....YMMV ....Jim

My 1992 2310 has a 1992 150hp Yammie, and the gas/oil setup is the same as the modern 2 strokes

I agree that if the hull is in good shape, it's a good deal even if an engine re-do comes along. My 1992 Yammie is still going strong...knock on wood :wink:.

OUCH...now I have a headache :lol: .

Quite a while ago I emailed Mack and asked about his motor/boat setup and I asked ..." Do you have to mix the oil in the gas" and he replied " Yes you have to mix the oil with the gas , it's a 2 stroke " .....

I have looked at quite a few older Parker 2110's that had the Yammy 150 that you had to measure the oil and dump it into the gas because there were problems early on with the Yammy 150 with oil injection ....Something to do with the injector failure , and motors blowing up .... I did NOT want to have to mix oil in my gas manually and have the mix sitting in the tank altogether .....So I passed on Mack's boat ....Later I talked to him again , and realized that what he meant was YES you have to mix the oil with the gas, but that the motor was in fact OIL INJECTED .....By then everybody and their brother wanted this boat , and while looking for a trailer , I missed out on his boat .... Had I questioned him a little more thoroughly, I would be the owner of that boat quite a while ago ..... Such is life ....I'll find my Parker .... :wink: ....Jim

Jim,

Don't beat yourself up.

What you took away was a logical conclusion based on the information from Mack which was also logical and correct !!

It's all a matter of interpretation and what info but also perception you have at the time.

You'll find your Parker, and you'll love it. I really believe that things are meant to be. Good luck :!:

Mac (as opposed to Mack :wink: )

Back