Parker Parts, Discount ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outta Here

Reaction score
:lol:

Yeah, yeah, I know "Parker Parts Discount" is an oxymoron :lol:

Seriously, I need 2 ladderback chairs, a windshield and a couple of rod holders. Anyone know of a dealer that will discount some? PM me if you rather.

During the annual fishing flea market at Tri-State Marine about a month ago they were offering a 20% discount on anything that came across the parts counter, so I suppose it depends on the dealer (and the timing).

If you belong to one of the national fishing organizations like CCA, some dealers will discount a little...

Maybe give your dealer a call and ask?

Thanks...

Just sent Tri-State an e-mail. "My dealer" quoted me over list price. I accepted the "list plus" price and ordered the stuff. Coincidentally, the same day their estimate came in the mail for a minor gel-coat repair.

Enclosed was the estimate and a bill for $57.50 for the estimate.

I called and canceled the order for parts. The total was over $1100.00

A couple of years ago I was charged (by another dealer) for changing out a water pump (minor overheating day before major fishing tourney didn't have time to investigate/repair myself). I later found nothing wrong but a bad t-stat.

The above are my experiences with boat dealers/marinas (excluding new sales) over the past 9 years.

Thank God (no disrespect meant) I can do almost all typical boat service/repairs on my own.

almost forgot...I have ordered Yamaha parts from Shipyard Island Marina and got some free advise several times. 100% satisfaction. Too bad Andy is not a Parker dealer! :wink:

FishFactory":rj62wo25 said:
... have ordered Yamaha parts from Shipyard Island Marina and got some free advise several times. 100% satisfaction. Too bad Andy is not a Parker dealer! :wink:

FWIW Parker dealership arrangements is something that I would NOT want CP to endorse. My fear with dealerships is that dealer issues is what led to PArker abandoning it prior forums, where many of us met. How would 'other' dealers likely respond if they found out another dealer was under-cutting on prices to a community of Parker owners?

Sure - it can be done now - but on a owner by owner basis and not as a standard operating process.

Regarding Andy - I would not have any issues is a non-Parker dealer wants to engage the CP community with special pricing. I'll send him an email later ...

FF, I believe the special pricing was a one-day offer that was attached to their annual show.
It's not something the offer all the time. Sorry that I wan't clear on that.

Back