Parker ride quality, 23SE vs 21DV??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salinity Now

Reaction score
High guys, new to the site but hope to be a "floating member soon" Im in the market for a new ride, and have my heart set on a deeper V CC to fish up here in the Ches Bay chop (Oct-Feb Striper season) I just sold my 06 SeaHunt Bay boat to get a better riding boat for these conditions. I just came from Norfolk Marine and they do not have the 21DV in stock, but Im very interested in that boat, and want to buy locally up here this time around (even though Im from GA), cuase its where MOST of my fishing will be and boat will probably be stored here, near my work. They just happen to have an 06 2300SE left over w/F200 they seem pretty eager to get rid of, its a very bareboned boat but its in the very high 30's range w/trailer (39k+/-)

My question is, how much different is the ride going to compare to the 2300SE(14degree deadrise) vs the shorter but deeper V 2100CC (21degree deadrise) I love the layouts on these boats, plenty of cockpit room, and up fwd too. I want to go with a higher quality boat this time around, more geared to my FISHING vs a do it all ride.....hence the Parkers.

Price wise, im looking at mid 40s with F200 on the 21DV but its a new 07, and I can rig it to my specs vs having to just take the 23SE "as is" even though it seems like a great deal and good layout.

I would hate to shoot myself in the foot again and take a boat less than what I had hoped for just to save some $$, I did that last time and lost big time. But if this 23SE rides close to the 21DV it might be a win-win situation. Any of you Parker Guys have any comments on the ride for either boat??

Thanks for any info,

Brad

See this similar thread:

http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... t=deadrise

As you know, Parker is once-again offering the 21' DVCC, so ignore that part of my comments.

To me, there is a huge difference in ride quality between the SE and DV hulls. I'd go for the 21 DV over the 23 SE for the waters that I fish. I'm not sure if the 23 SE has similar gunnel height as the 21 SE, but this is another big plus to the DV models.

If you need to consistently get shallow, say 3-4', then get the SE. I'm sure there are plenty of folks in your area that could you provide you with test rides if you ask nice :)

-- Tom

TomS":4pdwiaig said:
See this similar thread:

To me, there is a huge difference in ride quality between the SE and DV hulls.
-- Tom

Read that over and over and remember it! :D

Two feet of length will not make up for 14 vs 21 degree deadrise. I had the 23 SE (traded a 18 Parker for it). Great boat, stable, economical, shallow draft. Unfortunately, for me, after 2 years I just couldn't stand the ride any longer. I fish up to 30 miles off NC coast...always 15-20 wind, 3-4 footers white-capping.

Your question should be "21 deep vee, or 23 deep vee"? I bought the 23 deep vee and love it. Parker doesn't count the bracket in length, so it's really a "25" if measured as some boats are measured.

Parker supplies 21 DV's to the NC Wildlife officers. BTW, that 23 SE with the 200-4 is borderline underpowered. I had a 200 HPDI on mine, a real hot-rod. Don't believe the 4-strokes have the "oomph" of the HPDI's. If you go 23 SE, consider a 225-4.

Back