Parker Shopping

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobcat

Reaction score
I live on the Mid (Eastern) Shore and owned a Contender 23 for a few years. Sold in 2000. Have not owned in 10 years and now Looking at the Parker for fishing and cruising Miles River and Chesapeake Bay with wife/friends. Welcome recommendations on 2320 SC versus 2520 XL SC. Is 23 too small for 3-4 folks? What is a middle-of-the-road equipped 2520 cost these days? Are they trailerable? I have new 5.7 Tundra that I believe is rated at 10K.

Many thanks!

Bobcat

I can only relate my experience with the 2520XL. 3-4 people is great as all fit comfortably inside cabin and "dance floor" cockpit has plenty of room for everyone to move about. 2320 is an 8.5 beam whereas 2520 is 9.5 feet.

Trailering may be an issue depending on state overwidth limitations with the 2520, but I have not been stopped yet. I felt more comfortable towing with a 3/4 ton truck, even with trailer brakes, as it has much larger brakes that the 1/2 to truck.

As to price, look around, start new and work your way down in years, but get a survey done on any used boat.

You did the right thing by stopping in here, as there are plenty of owners to help with your buying decision.

I recently was in the same boat... looking at the 23 ft as to the 25ft. I was all set on buying a 2320 untill I spent some time on the 2520 @ the newport boat show and the difference is huge . We went with a 2002 2520xl and she is beautiful. towing it down the road it is big... and I have a f-350 crewcab .I wouldn't want to tow it every time I want to use it so we ended up with a slip for the season in R.I.
HM5 where are you in R.I.? We will be @ brewers in greenwich bay.. my friend has a slip there and it seem like a good spot..
DSCN2232.jpg

DSCN2228.jpg

DSCN2230-Copy.jpg

Back