Parker wants your input!!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
done thanks for letting us know and good idea to tap customer base.
Decide what boat you make (mission statement): if it is fishing boats, then make that boat.
Options are how you satisfy other consumer needs, but don't let the tail wag the dog.

Done. Don't do away with the original color. Keep it as an option & I bet it will be the most popular choice. A white parker just looks so weird to me, anyone else ?

052520":dznv2w9f said:
Done. Don't do away with the original color. Keep it as an option & I bet it will be the most popular choice. A white parker just looks so wired to me, anyone else ?

I agree!!

I was part owner of a Parker but didn't finish the survey...too many unrelated questions. Keep it short and next time you'll get my opinion.

Sorry Robin, but it was not a very good survey.

So, I went by the local Parker dealer in St Petersburg today to take a look at the new offerings. They had all the new boats in all the new colors.

The hull color choices were Ok. I don't see a big deal with the hull colors. However, the white cap/house and deck have to go. Some of the decks on a few of the new boats were gray instead of white but really, the cap/house and deck should remain Parker beige. The original Parker beige house and deck would look awesome with the new hull colors, especially the Ice Blue color. A dark blue hull would also look outstanding with a beige house and deck.

The original beige hull color also needs to be an option.

The tuna door is a plus on the new models. I likey. The adjacent integrated transom rectangular port side livewell not so much. I do like that it is blue, but it needs to be an oval even if it sacrifices a little volume which there seemed to be plenty of space under the transom after inspecting via the access hatch in front of it. The best livewell IMO Parker has/had as an option is/was the seat/oval livewell combo out of the 1801 mounted in the center of the cockpit on 2320s and 2520s. My 2006 2320 came from the factory with this livewell......it's great.

I DO like the extended trim tabs on the hulls with twins. Incidentally, wider 12 x 18 trim tabs should be standard or at the very least an option on single engine hulls.

I do not like the six inch seam across the top of the gunwale cap (amidship) on the 25 and 28 CC boats. What the heck is that seam about?

I do not like the new 2120 transom/livewell setup........eats up too much deck space. Offer it as an option.

The stainless insert on the rub rail looks nice but kind of departs from the Parker utilitarian look. That insert would not last long on my boat. Offer it as an option for those who want a fancy boat. Stereo sounds system should be an option as well.

Hope you find this input helpful.

Regards,

bump... done.

Maybe its my age, but I don't mind the color changes... The big boys have those options...nothing wrong with more options IMO. 8)

Noahs_Ark":194bpmbz said:
bump... done.

Maybe its my age, but I don't mind the color changes... The big boys have those options...nothing wrong with more options IMO. 8)

nothing wrong with the options, they just shouldn't get rid of the original option

In the section where they were looking for what features you would improve, did anyone say they wanted to see something "less improved"??? Maybe it's me, but I read less improved to be "made worse than it currently is" when your choices are less improved, no improvement, or more improved, the first.

Agreed , great idea for the livewell but too small most of our fishing. 4 pogies will fill that up. Glad I kept my carry on 40 gal Kodiak from my 09 parker. It will work ok for some mackerel but I suspect I can only carry 8-10. I usually can load up a couple dozen.

I Also don't like that gap in the gunnel. It has sealer that already has mildew building up. Why us it there ?

Don't get me wrong i love my new boat & parker has much improved their product. I have bought 3 new 25 Parker 2520's & I'm sure my next will also be a parker ( with original color :D )

That stainless rub rail has been a trademark
of Carolina Classic, SeaHunt and SeaFox for years.

I always like how Parker stood apart from entry level boats in the past.

nothing wrong with the options, they just shouldn't get rid of the original option[/quote]

I suppose that is what I was trying to portray... :|

When we say NEW colors are we talking about the COMING SOON COLORS? Because I don't care for the new colors, But I want the Dark Blue COMING SOON COLOR! -

Good luck taking care of that dark blue color. I made that mistake once with my last boat, I chased that hull every year trying to hide every little mark and scuff that was on it. They look great when they are new, but once they start to age forget about it. And im just about as particular as Kevin (megabyte)
I will NEVER buy a dark colored hull again.

Miss Virgie II":2w34m2zk said:
Done. Wish they had a section for additional comments for sections that weren't addressed.....

Make your extra comments here, and they will get them.
The thread was started by the factory, so if you post, they will see it.

Back